Home

AFC Divisional Playoff: Chargers @ Steelers

This is a discussion on AFC Divisional Playoff: Chargers @ Steelers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #25
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: AFC Divisional: Chargers @ Steelers

Does Vegas know something we don't know?

The Chargers are a six point underdog and that's just inviting people to take them and the points over Pittsburgh. Especially taking into account how good the Chargers defense has been under Rivera and how the last game played out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2009, 05:07 PM   #26
Fear the Friar

chilli311's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
Does Vegas know something we don't know?

The Chargers are a six point underdog and that's just inviting people to take them and the points over Pittsburgh. Especially taking into account how good the Chargers defense has been under Rivera and how the last game played out.
One thing to think about when looking at Vegas spreads is that the home team is always credited 3 points. After that, they add in all the other factors, and balance it out. So, when you see a home team that is favored by 6, they are saying that it's really a field goal difference, but they'll throw a little bit extra their way since they are at home.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #27
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

Stephen Cooper is our difference maker IMO

Especially against the Colts. Wow

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:12 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 16

I hate to say it, but with Big Ben's concussion, I don't have a good feeling about Sunday. Even worse, it is the Chargers, who barely lost to us at home. They could have/should have beaten us then, so I'm not feeling this one.

The one thing I like is Mike Tomlin. I love his attitude and how he goes out to win every game, and never loses hope in a tight game. I am a huge Bill Cowher fan, but I am actually glad we have Tomlin now. The man has a fire for the game that I have never seen (and our special teams this year has literally not given up any significant returns - a performance unequaled in the nearly 30 years I have been watching the Steelers).
Old 01-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #29
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli311
One thing to think about when looking at Vegas spreads is that the home team is always credited 3 points. After that, they add in all the other factors, and balance it out. So, when you see a home team that is favored by 6, they are saying that it's really a field goal difference, but they'll throw a little bit extra their way since they are at home.
I'm not buying it.

The Eagles were 3 point favorites at Minnesota. In fact, all of the home teams were underdogs in wildcard weekend.

With Ben's injury, the game being so close earlier in the year, and the Chargers second half surge I just don't get the 6 points unless Vegas has some inside info.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:52 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: AFC Divisional Playoff: Chargers @ Steelers

I know since my half @ssed cowboys are out, I am pulling for the chargers to win out. I would LOVE it if it ended up being the chargers and the eagles in the superbowl. Two teams that reall shouldnt be there pulling together and beating all the ones that won all year. That and my neighbor is a steelers fan and every chance I get I love to rub a loss in his face!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:40 AM   #31
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

With LT maybe not playing this weekend, I will say that I really like the kid and think he's a good Person first and a great player, but I will go ON RECORD and say I question his Toughness and heart as a player, I think he's a baby at time with his injuries, I mean when I think of LT the first thing that come to mind is him sitting on bench last year with helmet while his team lost last year. It looks he might be doing the same again this year.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2009, 08:44 AM   #32
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
With LT maybe not playing this weekend, I will say that I really like the kid and think he's a good Person first and a great player, but I will go ON RECORD and say I question his Toughness and heart as a player, I think he's a baby at time with his injuries, I mean when I think of LT the first thing that come to mind is him sitting on bench last year with helmet while his team lost last year. It looks he might be doing the same again this year.
LT is a baby for having turf toe, (which could linger on and on) a tendon injury and now a groin pull? OOOKAY.

Not all RBs are tough SOBs like Walter Payton was. I think LT is a great player and all but to question his toughness is a bit much. Maybe you might have a case with questioning his heart though I tend to think it's because he knows this is no longer his team and feels as if his career is going down the drain in SD.

I truly think that he and Marty Schottenheimer were a perfect pair and he really hasn't been as fully committed and fired up as he was under Marty. Maybe it's because Marty knew what buttons to press with LT. I dunno.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »