Home

AFC Divisional Playoff: Chargers @ Steelers

This is a discussion on AFC Divisional Playoff: Chargers @ Steelers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2009, 11:59 PM   #49
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: AFC Divisional Playoff: Chargers @ Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Chargers have nothing to lose in this game. Nobody expected them to get this far. And the media has already counted them out. I hear on both ESPN and Fox Sports Radio tonight analysts talking about how the Ravens and Steelers will match up next week, as if this game is a foregone conclusion.
Its like that every year when the Chargers make the playoffs. No respect from anybody. I think its funny all you hear about is how the Eagles a so hot right now and playing great football to the point that the #1 seed Giants are barely favorites. Yet the Chargers who have won 5 straight and been in playoff mode since December 4th get nothing mentioned at all. Plus the 3 loses prior to the winning streak were against the Steelers, Colts, and Falcons (3 playoff teams) by a combined 10 points. Sorry for the rant I just find it funny that's all.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:01 AM   #50
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Regarding Big Ben I think he's worse off then the Steelers are letting on. Concussions are very tricky injuries and I can see him having a bad game especially if the Chargers defense can get through that leaky Pittsburgh O-Line.
He's one solid hit away from the bench and in will step Leftwich. Of course one of our defensive guys will actually have to get a hand on him but you know what I mean.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:34 AM   #51
Rookie

BFawlty's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Chargers have nothing to lose in this game. Nobody expected them to get this far. And the media has already counted them out. I hear on both ESPN and Fox Sports Radio tonight analysts talking about how the Ravens and Steelers will match up next week, as if this game is a foregone conclusion.

LOL...same was being said about the Cards Panthers matchup also, the Steelers better come to play.

BF
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2009, 09:01 AM   #52
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

My remaining favorites:

AFC:

1) Steelers
2) Chargers
3) Ravens

NFC:

1) Cardinals
2) Eagles
3) Giants

Go Steelers and Eagles!

At any rate I think that this is a game that the Steelers should win, but if the Chargers keep playing red-hot football they will win easily on the road. Whoever wins this one I'll pull for against the Ravens, although I really do like Flacco, the Ravens just bore the hell out of me for some reason, it's like they are the AFCs version of the Buccaneers of past years but with a better defense.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:26 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 15

I'd love a Steelers/Giants Superbowl, so I'm pulling for the Steelers. Every single game I've watch of theirs this year (at least half...they showed them a lot in NY this season) was entertaining. They hit hard, they have some weapons on offense and you can't beat the fans. Steeler fans are a good bunch and are as loyal as they come (as opposed to Cardinals fans who are probably raiding local stores for their first team shirt today or 49er fans who haven't put on a jersey since 95)...

Both games today should be good, but this one seems more cut and dry to me. I don't see the Chargers going into Pittsburgh and beating this team today. It's not impossible, but this team is special.

But then again, what the hell do I know? I was 0-2 yesterday...
Old 01-11-2009, 10:57 AM   #54
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
LOL. Neither can I.

I can't believe I actually may agree as well.
I can't believe it either, but looking at the entire picture he is a more experience head coach than Tomlin and he does have at least one playoff win.

In a tight game I'll take the experienced head coach all day long.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:04 AM   #55
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Also, how much extra motivation is it for the Chargers to know they would get a home game for the AFC Championship if the win?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2009, 11:22 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Regarding Big Ben I think he's worse off then the Steelers are letting on. Concussions are very tricky injuries and I can see him having a bad game especially if the Chargers defense can get through that leaky Pittsburgh O-Line.
Nah... If Ben plays poorly, the concussion will have very little to do with it. The Chargers D and Ben's increasingly poor decisions throughout the season will be the main factors.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »