Home

2009 Free Agents

This is a discussion on 2009 Free Agents within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2009, 12:59 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: 2009 Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Losman won't settle (IMO) for a backup role in Buffalo and will look to become a starter somewhere else.

Settle?????? Are you kidding??? Thats like saying I settled on my 1979 Toyota Carolla in high school. No one wants him.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:06 AM   #18
Rookie

mags77's Arena

OVR: 4

Asomugha will get tagged again.

Chris Gamble has already resigned with the Panthers, and I think they will let Peppers go before they let Gross go.

The Ravens will never let Ray Lewis go. Look for a big overhaul with the rest of their D though.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:09 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

Housh is going to get some nice money, specially considering what the other FA options are at WR.

I'd love to see Haynesworth or Suggs join the Niners
Old 01-07-2009, 04:54 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
lol, that would be funny. All I remember Texans fans doing after Haynesworth killed Schaub last season was complain what a dirty player he was etc etc. Funny how opinions must be changing now he may be a free agent

If he did sign with the Texans, I'd freak out. Mario would probably get 2 sacks a half instead of just 2 sacks every couple of weeks like he mostly does now.

Also, after Haynesworth basically said Schaub was an overpaid pansy on at least two occasions, it would make for an awkward signing for sure.
Yeah of course opinions change though. Remember T.O and the star? All would be forgiven, but like I said. McNair the Owner would be too afraid to even attempt to sign Haynesworth.

Yeah Mario would get a ton of sacks seemingly since Haynesworth would allow him to go one on one and he'd help out Haynesworth but Haynesworth already has a elite DE next to him. Mario is a bit different though, physically he's just a beast.

It would be odd at first, but man at least Matt would have to worry about one less guy hurting him
Old 01-07-2009, 06:26 AM   #21
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Screw that. I don't Albert Haynesworth, even if he is the best DT in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2009, 08:07 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 24

Lets break this down by position

QB -
  • I expect Warner to be resigned, until the Cards figure out that Leinart is a bust.
  • Cassel has to be retained and will no doubt be franchised as Brady's healing is taking an unusal turn for the worst.
  • Garcia should stay on in TB as no young QB seems to have really stepped forward.
  • Grossman needs to be cut, give another guya shot.
  • Boller is the ood man out in BAL but could be a backup in a team desperate for a guy.
  • Batch may be out, he is older and Leftwich is cheaper and serviceable.
  • Collins has to be kept b/c we all know Young is not the guy.
  • Losman and Ramsey should both seek other employement.

RB - Jacobs is an auto resign.
  • Morris should only be retained in Seattle if he is willing to take a paycut, time to rebuild Seattle.
  • Ricky Williams should be kept, gives MIA that power running game a lot of temas need. If he is let go, he will be resigned quickly. I can see him with a number of teams like Chicago for instance backing up Forte.
  • Sproles, could be the catch of the offseason so far is playing well in the playoffs and someone is going to over-pay for him.
  • Arrington could be gone from ARZ as he just has not shown he is a starter.
  • Buckhalter seems to be regressing rather than progressing and may be out in Philly. But should land somewhere.
  • Chatman, Evans, and Johnson are all on the way out the league.
  • Jordan will be resigned in NE IMO.
  • Moats may be retained if he can be signed cheaply.
  • Rhodes may be the odd man out unless he takes a pay cut. Addai is healthy and Hart should return healthy to take on the backup role. Also, Simpson and Dawson played ok in relief.
  • Stecker will be resigned I think but not sure at what price.
  • Ward of the Giants will be resigned IMO.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:56 PM   #23
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mags77
The Ravens will never let Ray Lewis go. Look for a big overhaul with the rest of their D though.
Big overhaul? Suggs, Rolle and Scott are the only players who've played most of this season who are even possible losses. I think Suggs will be franchised and they've got a couple of young guys to step in for Scott if he's the one who goes. Either he or Suggs will likely still be in Baltimore... hopefully it's Suggs. Also Landry will be back healthy next year. Not much of a change for the Ravens D... besides another year under Lewis' belt and possibly losing Rex Ryan as D Coordinator.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:04 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

I want to hope the Jets will draft a QB early.

I have been hoping this would happen since I realized that Pennington was nothing more than a injury prone, make it too the 1st round and lose at best,,,type of QB.

QB's are so hard to evaluate though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »