Home

Young or Leinart- Who Has the Best Chance of Doing Something With their Career?

This is a discussion on Young or Leinart- Who Has the Best Chance of Doing Something With their Career? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2009, 09:48 PM   #33
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Young or Leinart- Who Has the Best Chance of Doing Something With their Career?

Definitely detect a bit of bitter, yeah

If you want to sit back and say the injury faking is obvious, then accept others think Leinart's lack of desire is obvious.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:50 PM   #34
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Young or Leinart- Who Has the Best Chance of Doing Something With their Career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Definitely detect a bit of bitter, yeah

If you want to sit back and say the injury faking is obvious, then accept others think Leinart's lack of desire is obvious.
Again never said it wasn't. Just said if you are going to point at Leinart's body language and lack of desire, it's nothing compared to Young's antics.

Leinart hasn't begged out of a game, nor faked injury.

Has nothing to do with bitter, but what happened.

IIRC you yourself noticed Young rolling around on the ground frequently.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:51 PM   #35
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Someone mentioned that Leinart has a slow delivery etc etc and that he should be in a dink and dunk West Coast type offense. Well if his delivery is THAT slow don't you think he'd do better in an offense with more shotgun? I mean in the shotgun formation he doesn't have to drop back and read the defense at the same time. He would be offered the opportunity to read the defense at the LOS in shotgun and just set up and throw.

or am I totally out to lunch on this?

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2009, 09:54 PM   #36
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Someone mentioned that Leinart has a slow delivery etc etc and that he should be in a dink and dunk West Coast type offense. Well if his delivery is THAT slow don't you think he'd do better in an offense with more shotgun? I mean in the shotgun formation he doesn't have to drop back and read the defense at the same time. He would be offered the opportunity to read the defense at the LOS in shotgun and just set up and throw.

or am I totally out to lunch on this?
I believe they meant his actual motion was slow to release the ball. Which it isn't. If you have a slow release Shotgun doesn't help.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #37
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Yeah, I am the one who can't be objective about Young.
lol neither one of us can

your on the other extreme in this case

Quote:
Again, guy questions Leinart's desire. Leinart never refused to have to go back in to a game. And apparently it happened more than once with VY.

Leinart has never rolled around on the ground like he got shot, to magically pop back up 30 seconds later when the crowd starts to clap.

But keep on pretending that it never happened.
Young did go back in the game. That is when he got his knee torn up. He was upset about how the game was going. The guy is a competitor to a fault. Folks say certain people hate to lose. Young really does hate to lose.

but im not going to get into a discussion and rehash such trivial stuff. There was an issue that Young needs to address and change, but there is obviously a lot of overreacting. Young handled the situation terribly, but stuff like that happen in the sport of football. It's an emotional game. Make a big deal out of whatever you want though.

as far as your comment on him "faking injury", that is ridiculous, even for you...and shows your obvious agenda.

Quote:
At least Kerry Collins just wins games huh?
I dont remember if Collins has ever had a losing season, but he is a solid QB that has won a lot of games in his career...and he sure did win games this year.

Collins played well today also. He didnt lose the game for them, but he didnt win it for them either. I dont know what the 5 yard hitches in the middle of the field were about with 35 seconds left, needing a score...but I digress.

Last edited by ZB9; 01-10-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:56 PM   #38
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I think Vince is just overly sensisitve and generally doesn't enjoy contact very much. Saying he fakes injuries goes a little far for my liking. IIRC, I believe you even said he faked his way out of the Colts week 17 game last season. As in, pretended he was hurt to leave the game for good. Not that it's out of the question given more recent events, but it's kinda silly to say it was the case with any certainty.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:58 PM   #39
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I believe they meant his actual motion was slow to release the ball. Which it isn't. If you have a slow release Shotgun doesn't help.
Ok thanks for the clarification. It's always nice to get the scoop from someone who knows the game like you do.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 01-10-2009, 09:59 PM   #40
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
lol neither one of us can

your on the other extreme in this case

Young did go back in the game. That is when he got his knee torn up. He was upset about how the game was going. The guy is a competitor to a fault. Folks say certain people hate to lose. Young really does hate to lose.

but im not going to get into a discussion and rehash such trivial stuff. There was an issue that Young needs to address and change, but there is obviously a lot of overreacting. Stuff like that happen in the sport of football. It's an emotional game. Make a big deal out of whatever you want though.

as far as your comment on him "faking injury", that is ridiculous, even for you...and shows your obvious agenda.

I dont remember if Collins has ever had a losing season, but he is a solid QB that has won a lot of games in his career...and he sure did win games this year.

Collins played well today also, but he was playing more "not to lose" today than "to win". I dont know what the 5 yard hitches in the middle of the field were about with 35 seconds left, needing a score...but I digress.
Yeah competitors refuse to go in to the game all the time.

No agenda, he fakes like he gets hurt and then is magically ok, two plays later. He's done it all the time. Titans fans here have even commented on it.

Collins has had plenty of losing seasons.

Fierce competitor. LOL. Maybe at UT. Not at Tennessee.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »