Home

Young or Leinart- Who Has the Best Chance of Doing Something With their Career?

This is a discussion on Young or Leinart- Who Has the Best Chance of Doing Something With their Career? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2009, 10:11 PM   #49
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Young or Leinart- Who Has the Best Chance of Doing Something With their Career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
The report was he had to be talked in to going back in to the Chargers playoffs game, and I believe the Colts game in week 17. At one point, opposing players were telling him to keep his chin up.

At this point, doesn't seem that far fetched.
"Report". One random "insider" saying he didn't want to come in, conveniently at half time where a scene couldn't be made to back it up, reported conveniently after the actual one in week 1. I'm not sure just a grain of salt covers how much that should be taken for.

Again though, not that it really matters, once is bad enough. I just don't think that incident itself really matters anymore - he still owns his future - and I don't think it necessarily has to be mentioned when talking Leinart's issues either.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:11 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: Young or Leinart- Who Has the Best Chance of Doing Something With their Career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Leinart hasn't played enough to defend. I've said time and time again he needs to prove football is his priority.

I have also said time and time again, no way you can call Bush a bust if you've watched him play. Injury prone? Yes. Bust? No.
Well I don't call him a bust, but they did have some high thing on him. They were calling him the next great one and he really hasn't lived up to that. So I think he is a bust in that area. Unless he was going to be used as a weapon. I don't call him a true RB, but as a weapon is really good.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:14 PM   #51
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
"Report". One random "insider" saying he didn't want to come in, conveniently at half time where a scene couldn't be made to back it up, reported conveniently after the actual one in week 1. I'm not sure just a grain of salt covers how much that should be taken for.

Again though, not that it really matters, once is bad enough. I just don't think that incident itself really matters anymore - he still owns his future - and I don't think it necessarily has to be mentioned when talking Leinart's issues either.
Possibly, but it makes a lot more sense after this last episode, and then the off the field episode that followed. It certainly is not out of the question.

Again this is a thread comparing the two, so if you are going to question Leinart's desire to play, VY's antics and not to mention the multiple times we've heard he doesn't want to play and might retire, etc, certainly come in to play in this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2009, 08:20 PM   #52
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Leinart.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:21 AM   #53
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Vince Young has lots of talent but his mental capacity for the NFL isn't there. It might never be there. I think he was happy that Kerry Collins came in and played so well because it took tons of pressure off of himself. This probably will help VY in the long run. If the Titans had struggled this year without him I could see him not being able to handle the blame that many would have put on him.

As for Lienart, he played OK his rookie season but then Warner came around and resurrected his career leaving Matty riding pine the last two years. I think he has potential but might not get the opportunity for awhile. Not the worst thing in the world. I don't ever see him doing anything in Arizona.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:00 AM   #54
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
If by doing 'Something' you mean using your NFL QB status to score w/ hot chicks in hot tubs in some Phoenix suburb then I'm going w/ Lienart.

Because that's doing ... something.
I thought this at least deserved a ...

Old 01-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #55
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

In Fisher's last PC for the season, he made it pretty clear he hopes Collins can be retained and is "starting for us", as he said.

Now, that's not exactly a promise - he could just mean he hopes he resigns and wishes him the best winning the position again in camp - but Collins has already said he's not signing anywhere to be a backup. He'd prefer to retire in that case. So it's a fairly tricky situation.

Fisher also said that Vince isn't going anywhere any time soon. He stressed Vince needs to be 100% dedicated this offseason, hinting perhaps he wasn't last offseason (going back to Texas when a new OC was being brought in was, in hindsight, telling I guess). Sounds like they plan to give him another season off, at least at this stage. The Titans are not always ultra loyal to their vets and could simply release Collins if Vince is coming along in time for the season, and rely on Simms as the backup. Or perhaps Collins could retire at that point before the season. I'm not sure Collins is really going to be guaranteed a starter role anywhere in the league at this point so resigning with the Titans even if it means he may end up retiring anyway may not be that bad an option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2009, 05:40 PM   #56
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
In Fisher's last PC for the season, he made it pretty clear he hopes Collins can be retained and is "starting for us", as he said.

Now, that's not exactly a promise - he could just mean he hopes he resigns and wishes him the best winning the position again in camp - but Collins has already said he's not signing anywhere to be a backup. He'd prefer to retire in that case. So it's a fairly tricky situation.

Fisher also said that Vince isn't going anywhere any time soon. He stressed Vince needs to be 100% dedicated this offseason, hinting perhaps he wasn't last offseason (going back to Texas when a new OC was being brought in was, in hindsight, telling I guess). Sounds like they plan to give him another season off, at least at this stage. The Titans are not always ultra loyal to their vets and could simply release Collins if Vince is coming along in time for the season, and rely on Simms as the backup. Or perhaps Collins could retire at that point before the season. I'm not sure Collins is really going to be guaranteed a starter role anywhere in the league at this point so resigning with the Titans even if it means he may end up retiring anyway may not be that bad an option.
This makes sense.

Young's not going anywhere.. He's too young and they have too much money invested in him to give up yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »