Home

Steve Smith's attitude toward Jake Delhomme

This is a discussion on Steve Smith's attitude toward Jake Delhomme within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2009, 09:20 PM   #17
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Steve Smith's attitude toward Jake Delhomme

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
Amazing. SS supports his QB, he's a stand up guy. TO does it & he's a phony. Some of you folks should listen to yourselves sometimes.

Anyway, its nice to see SS support a teammate. But the reality is Misjake needs to be cut loose.
Or maybe he knows that his best seasons come when Jake Delhomme is the QB and he wants to keep it that way.

LOL @ some Panther fans. Making a rash decision to cut the BEST QB IN FRANCHISE HISTORY because of a couple of games. Granted that "Bad Jake" came at the worst possible of times, but not many teams would cut a QB who has engineered countless game winning drives, comebacks, and clutch plays. I'm a pissed as anybody, but if a QB change is made, it needs to be made carefully.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 01-12-2009, 09:43 PM   #18
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I was expecting a thread with an article about Smith going off the deep end, perhaps as the thread's title somewhat hints towards or at least leaves open, but find a high profile WR acting like he should without the media circus. Quite refreshing
Old 01-12-2009, 10:00 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Or maybe he knows that his best seasons come when Jake Delhomme is the QB and he wants to keep it that way.

LOL @ some Panther fans. Making a rash decision to cut the BEST QB IN FRANCHISE HISTORY because of a couple of games. Granted that "Bad Jake" came at the worst possible of times, but not many teams would cut a QB who has engineered countless game winning drives, comebacks, and clutch plays. I'm a pissed as anybody, but if a QB change is made, it needs to be made carefully.
He may be the best in Panther history, but that's not hard given Carolina's short history. Didn't Testaverde have more career pass attempts than the entire Panther franchise last year? That should not be a consideration when measuring his ability, now, in 2009. He was a subpar QB all year despite the best running game in franchise history & another Pro Bowl season from SS.

Fact: jake had a lower passer rating than Seneca Wallace, Shaun Hill & Trent Edwards. (Once more, Misjake has Deangelo, Stewart & SS.)

Fact: 7 of 27 w/4 picks vs the Oakland Raiders. Just 10 of 19 vs winless Detroit, despite Stewart & Williams each going over 100.

Fact: Saturday was his 4th game w/a rating under 60.

Fact: 21 turnovers in 17 games.

Fact: 7-0 when he had fewer than 22 passes. 5-5 over 22. The more the ball is in his hands, the worse Carolina's chances get.

He is not going to get better as he ages. His last 9 games, he had 7 td's & 12 int's. He never passed for more than 2 td's the entire year.

Its time to cut bait if they can. I'm not saying make a knee jerk decision. But w/an absurd schedule coming up next year, they can't afford to regress @ any position, especially @ the most important, quarterback. It is clear the guy can no longer lead a playoff team. You can't put the game on his shoulders & expect to win.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:01 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

I think Delhomme is basically an average NFL starting quarterback (in the terms of if you're ranking him, he would fall somewhere within that middle third of the 32 starting QBs). I think Steve Smith at times makes him look better than he actually is........

I'd imagine these two guys would have good chemistry with how much chemistry they seem to have as far as QB-WR combination is concerned. And it's good to see Steve Smith handle this situation with class.

Hopefully they won't burn their first pick on a QB, especially since this QB draft class isn't all that this year. It'll be interesting to see if they bring someone via FA to compete as well.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 01-12-2009, 10:37 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 55

Steve Smith punched his own teammate in the face. There is nothing "stand up" about him. He is Michael Westbrook with speed. He's a punk, plain and simple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2009, 10:51 PM   #22
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
He's had high interception numbers along with a lot of fumbles. He's a turnover machine any way you spin it.
He's spun Carolina into a SB and Championship game though.....alot better then some QB's you wouldnt call turnover machines.

That being said, its time for him to go....
But as for Smith, much respect for his attitude....not alot of WRs that would take that route.

He caught well deserved flack for the punch, but Lucas let it go...I think its time for everyone else too...
Old 01-12-2009, 10:55 PM   #23
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
He's spun Carolina into a SB and Championship game though.....alot better then some QB's you wouldnt call turnover machines.

That being said, its time for him to go....
But as for Smith, much respect for his attitude....not alot of WRs that would take that route.

He caught well deserved flack for the punch, but Lucas let it go...I think its time for everyone else too...
Agree 100%
Old 01-12-2009, 11:04 PM   #24
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
He may be the best in Panther history, but that's not hard given Carolina's short history. Didn't Testaverde have more career pass attempts than the entire Panther franchise last year? That should not be a consideration when measuring his ability, now, in 2009. He was a subpar QB all year despite the best running game in franchise history & another Pro Bowl season from SS.

Fact: jake had a lower passer rating than Seneca Wallace, Shaun Hill & Trent Edwards. (Once more, Misjake has Deangelo, Stewart & SS.)

Fact: 7 of 27 w/4 picks vs the Oakland Raiders. Just 10 of 19 vs winless Detroit, despite Stewart & Williams each going over 100.

Fact: Saturday was his 4th game w/a rating under 60.

Fact: 21 turnovers in 17 games.

Fact: 7-0 when he had fewer than 22 passes. 5-5 over 22. The more the ball is in his hands, the worse Carolina's chances get.

He is not going to get better as he ages. His last 9 games, he had 7 td's & 12 int's. He never passed for more than 2 td's the entire year.

Its time to cut bait if they can. I'm not saying make a knee jerk decision. But w/an absurd schedule coming up next year, they can't afford to regress @ any position, especially @ the most important, quarterback. It is clear the guy can no longer lead a playoff team. You can't put the game on his shoulders & expect to win.
Ha, well that convinced me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »