Home

Steve Smith's attitude toward Jake Delhomme

This is a discussion on Steve Smith's attitude toward Jake Delhomme within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2009, 02:22 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Steve Smith's attitude toward Jake Delhomme

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
The point I was making (maybe I wasn't clear enough) is that he can't lead a playoff team further. You get in the postseason especially, they aren't going to look @ that open wound & have pity. They are going to make jake beat them w/out the aid of SS. And I believe he can no longer do it. He's more Tavaris Jackson than Big Ben. That's a liability.
Well he did take them to a Super Bowl and performed very well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2009, 02:26 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Well he did take them to a Super Bowl and performed very well.
Which, as I said earlier, is the past. Brett Favre won MVP's. Do we think he's the same QB in '09? Rex Grossman led the Bears to one. He qualify as a good QB? Once more, past seasons are irrellevant.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 01-13-2009, 02:42 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Jake has been a turnover machine since he started playing in the NFL.
That's funny, since he's had only one season where he's thrown more interceptions than touchdowns. That was his rookie season.

Edit: Jake has very similar stats to Matt Hasselbeck. Would you be willing to cut Hasselbeck, I mean, how many Super Bowl wins does he have?

Last edited by Double Eights; 01-13-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:08 PM   #44
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
The point I was making (maybe I wasn't clear enough) is that he can't lead a playoff team further. You get in the postseason especially, they aren't going to look @ that open wound & have pity. They are going to make jake beat them w/out the aid of SS. And I believe he can no longer do it. He's more Tavaris Jackson than Big Ben. That's a liability.
I understood... I disagree. The team isn't built like the Colts, they're built like the Titans. They don't ask their QB to carry them. It's no secret that if Jake has to carry the team they are in trouble... he did, and they were. They don't need a new QB any more or less than they did before this year.

I've never been a Jake fan. They need to find someone that can step up when they need him to, but those are very hard to find and the team is built to be successful more times than not without it. If they were truly rebuilding then maybe take a chance and the lumps, but fixing a few holes in the D and his skills and experience with the team, with SS, in the SB are more than enough to get the team back there.

Long term answer... no way. Best bet right now... most definitely.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:24 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I understood... I disagree. The team isn't built like the Colts, they're built like the Titans. They don't ask their QB to carry them. It's no secret that if Jake has to carry the team they are in trouble... he did, and they were. They don't need a new QB any more or less than they did before this year.

I've never been a Jake fan. They need to find someone that can step up when they need him to, but those are very hard to find and the team is built to be successful more times than not without it. If they were truly rebuilding then maybe take a chance and the lumps, but fixing a few holes in the D and his skills and experience with the team, with SS, in the SB are more than enough to get the team back there.

Long term answer... no way. Best bet right now... most definitely.
Then I strongly disagree. jake is what is holding this offense back. They got behind Sat. because the ball was in his hands. Tied ballgame, he fumbles it away. On the way for the tying score, he throws it away. They get the ball back, he immediately throws it away. They get an INT in the 2nd half, he gives it right back. On & on it went. If they got a 2nd chance, he lost it. If they got momentum, he lost it. I've never been a fan of the coach's gameplan. But Misjake never allowed the gameplan to take shape. I think it was 3 times that he lost the ball on the 1st or 2nd play of the possesion. That's why they had such few runs & yds., not because of the Zona front 7.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2009, 07:06 PM   #46
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

He had a horrible game. No one is denying that. I was (and am still) assuming you're judging him over more than one game.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:18 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
He had a horrible game. No one is denying that. I was (and am still) assuming you're judging him over more than one game.
Definitely.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:35 AM   #48
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

If Delhomme is a "turnover machine", Brett Favre is a turnover tank.

Go ahead, release him, and see what will happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »