Home

Steve Smith's attitude toward Jake Delhomme

This is a discussion on Steve Smith's attitude toward Jake Delhomme within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2009, 01:01 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 55
Re: Steve Smith's attitude toward Jake Delhomme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Eights
That's funny, since he's had only one season where he's thrown more interceptions than touchdowns. That was his rookie season.

Edit: Jake has very similar stats to Matt Hasselbeck. Would you be willing to cut Hasselbeck, I mean, how many Super Bowl wins does he have?
Fumbles are turnovers too.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:14 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
Steve Smith punched his own teammate in the face. There is nothing "stand up" about him. He is Michael Westbrook with speed. He's a punk, plain and simple.
Please shut up.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:29 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Please shut up.
The guy sucker punched his own TEAMMATE in the face. He is a punk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2009, 07:39 AM   #52
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
Definitely.
And you're completely omitting/excusing the games that he brought us back from the dead.

He had some games this year--but he led us to a 12-4 record and a division title this year as well (and that's after being terrible the year before). And as much as you don't like to hear it, he's been unquestionably clutch over throughout his Carolina career.

Whatever though, Carolina has a tendency to run out perfectly good QB's in favor of some thunder armed sensations who never pan out. It wouldn't be a surprise.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 01-14-2009, 08:13 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
And you're completely omitting/excusing the games that he brought us back from the dead.

He had some games this year--but he led us to a 12-4 record and a division title this year as well (and that's after being terrible the year before). And as much as you don't like to hear it, he's been unquestionably clutch over throughout his Carolina career.

Whatever though, Carolina has a tendency to run out perfectly good QB's in favor of some thunder armed sensations who never pan out. It wouldn't be a surprise.

This year, Rocky. When did he do it, this year? 1st game of the season. Yes. The rest of the season, he never was clutch. All he did was toss it up for grabs vs GB & NO & Steve Smith's brilliance saved Carolina's bacon. He didn't "lead" anybody anywhere. He was in the backseat enjoying the ride.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 01-14-2009, 08:35 AM   #54
Th* H*mb*rg*r P*mp

TarHeelMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky

I'd like to know the names of the good QBs we've run out of town. Kerry Collins? His departure was more his doing than anything else. Who else do you have on this list?
Old 01-14-2009, 08:38 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelMan
I'd like to know the names of the good QBs we've run out of town. Kerry Collins? His departure was more his doing than anything else. Who else do you have on this list?
Must have been Weinke.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2009, 10:13 AM   #56
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
This year, Rocky. When did he do it, this year? 1st game of the season. Yes. The rest of the season, he never was clutch. All he did was toss it up for grabs vs GB & NO & Steve Smith's brilliance saved Carolina's bacon. He didn't "lead" anybody anywhere. He was in the backseat enjoying the ride.
Yes, it was all Steve Smith....nevermind the fact that he was a shell of himself last year.

He had nothing to do with the victories over Tampa Bay, Arizona, Green Bay, New Orleans, etc. DeAngelo Williams had a breakout season running against seven man boxes in spite of our washed up QB. Steve Smith became relevant again in spite of our washed up QB. We went 12-4 and won the division--in spite of our washed up QB. C'mon. Of course, we're going to look at his history. If this was Brady, Manning, or McNabb would we not look at what they have done in the past?

Steve Beurlein was solid....not spectacular...but had a solid game to move the sticks in the WCO. Management got rid of him for gunslinger (lol) Jeff Lewis and the rest is history (or I should say 1-15). Remember two years ago how David Carr was going to push Jake Delhomme (and yes everybody on the NFLN and ESPN would have you believed that Carr was the second coming)? How did that work out?

Be careful what you wish for. Running out one of the best players the franchise has ever had after a Division Title, isn't smart to me unless you have a can't miss successor. We don't have that.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »