Home

Eyebrow-Raising Article on Marvin Harrison

This is a discussion on Eyebrow-Raising Article on Marvin Harrison within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2009, 03:14 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Eyebrow-Raising Article on Marvin Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I'd agree with that. He may be prone to snapping on occassion as some quiet people are. I mean if that article is true and he was strangling a ball boy all the while being shown on the jumbo tron......Yeah, I could see him snapping off a few shots once he got into rage mode.
Funny this is the first I heard about the choking issue.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:20 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Funny this is the first I heard about the choking issue.
I never heard it before either. We'll have to see where there is smoke there is usually some type of fire. Sorting out the details is another story.

Thing about high profile people who hang out in seedy areas, its always tough to believe if they did something or if someone is just trying to extract some money from them or bring them down.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:00 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I never heard it before either. We'll have to see where there is smoke there is usually some type of fire. Sorting out the details is another story.

Thing about high profile people who hang out in seedy areas, its always tough to believe if they did something or if someone is just trying to extract some money from them or bring them down.
No one had a camera, video, etc but he choked out a ball boy. I would like some proof.

Sometimes "seedy area" is your home.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
What do any of us know about these players behind closed doors?
Ding ding ding!

In all honestly, stories like these don't really surprised me in the least.

Just because someone is famous, doesn't make them a good person. This is why I don't look up to famous people/celebrities for the most part.

Obviously, there are a few people that I just can't help but respect, but even then I'll admit, I really know nothing about them.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #53
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Again like I said, Harrison, Manning, Romo, whoever else can be WHOEVER you want them to be for a 3hr football game once a week. But you don't know them the other 6 days a week and other 21 hours of the day.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:40 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 9

So...this is the type of story you get when TO, Moss, and CJ aren't doing anything newsworthy. You can only write about Pacman so many times until it gets old. We needed something fresh, and I guess this is it.

Doesn't that seem conincidental to anyone else? The guy was able to stay out of the negative public eye for 13 years, and the year that nobody else is doing anything crazy, this comes out. I'm not buying it till definate proof comes out.

I was just wondering about the beating in Honolulu. Football fans and tourist all over the place and no one has a camera?

And lifting the ball boy off the ground, by the neck? A little dramatic don't you think? Was the ball boy 2 years old? Anderson Silva has a similar body build to Harrison, and as powerful as a slender guy can get. But I don't even see him lifting anyone by the neck.

Last edited by andayaman; 01-15-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:06 AM   #55
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Is Marvin Harrison going to have to choke a b*tch?

Sorry, but I can't get that skit out of my mind regarding that ball boy thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2009, 05:09 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
This is why a guy like Allen Iverson is my favorite athlete, and my favorite type of person.

Because you can respect him for what he's come from, and how he's grown.

The dude isn't fake...He's definitely had his transgressions, and he doesn't try to hide behind this aire of infalability.

He came from rough times/place, had his growing pains, and did that...grow.

A few years or so ago I remember hearing a story about how he stopped his car on I-64 in Hampton or Newport News to help a motorist who had flipped thier car in a nasty wreck.

It had been during the wee hours of the morning, and AI actually turned the car off so it wouldn't blow up - possibly saving a persons life. Which speaks to his character. Theres no wonder why John Thompson thinks so highly of him, and people who choose to judge a book by thier cover do that.

Like they've done w/ Harrison, and are facing some kind of disappointment.

I don't know if any of it is true, and unlike others I don't wish any illwill towards him but just hope that he at least learns from this and tries to be a better person...Like A.I. did.
Much respect JB great post man. I have so much respect for Marvin Harrison. His football skills always do the talking.

And people here have to the nerve to say he did it because he is the quiet one are you crappy(PC) me. ESPN is a joke stick sports news freaking gossip mofos. i freaking hate ed wardner if that his name i wish somebody would punch him in his face will all his bs sources he always claim he has.

That all they do is gossip man. Man im praying for a another sport network to come out man im getting sick and tired of BSPN.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »