Home

Cowboys considering releasing TO?

This is a discussion on Cowboys considering releasing TO? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2009, 05:29 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Cowboys considering releasing TO?

this is overdue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2009, 05:59 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 12

Why exactly is it overdue? I guess you're one of the people that buys into the theory that it's Owens fault that the Cowboys stunk it up this this year. Maybe the Cowboys weren't has good has everybody made them out to be.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:34 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 32

Can we put TO season in perspective and not his whole career? The starting wrs went to their OC and said as a unit they weren't getting enough balls. TRUE The meeting was leaked but the leak wasn't TO fault.

The distraction issues are used by teams when they lose and when they are losing. Let compare TO to other wrs this year:

Marvin Harrison's gun issue
Plaxico's gun issue
Steve Smith breaking his teammates face
Fitzgerald accused of beating the mother of his children
Vincent Jackson arrested DUI
Javon Walker beaten and left for dead in Vagas
Santanio Holmes busted and suspended for weed
Matt Jones arrested for cocaine
Brandon Marshall arrested for domestic violence

What did TO do this year?
Old 01-16-2009, 10:25 AM   #44
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Exactly why players should be judged by what they do on the field, and if they aren't "problems" on the field, it doesn't mean they're ok for you to leave your children with them.

You can talk about the entire WR core going to the coach (I agree, it's not a big deal for all or one of them and shouldn't have been news) but you'd have to be blind to not notice either Romo or Garrett trying to force the ball to TO to keep him happy which disrupted the flow of the offense. It's exactly what many felt would happen and it has. I'm very happy he decided the Ravens weren't good enough for him. He's got an ego the size of Asia.

I don't know if the Boys have the guns to just keep it moving without him right this second, but I can easily see a similar situation to the Giants w/o Shockey, where they can just run the offense as a team rather than worrying about trying to please one guy who's either too worried about his own catches or thinks they need to have the ball on every play for the team to win.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:37 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Exactly why players should be judged by what they do on the field, and if they aren't "problems" on the field, it doesn't mean they're ok for you to leave your children with them.

You can talk about the entire WR core going to the coach (I agree, it's not a big deal for all or one of them and shouldn't have been news) but you'd have to be blind to not notice either Romo or Garrett trying to force the ball to TO to keep him happy which disrupted the flow of the offense. It's exactly what many felt would happen and it has. I'm very happy he decided the Ravens weren't good enough for him. He's got an ego the size of Asia.

I don't know if the Boys have the guns to just keep it moving without him right this second, but I can easily see a similar situation to the Giants w/o Shockey, where they can just run the offense as a team rather than worrying about trying to please one guy who's either too worried about his own catches or thinks they need to have the ball on every play for the team to win.
The Cowboys offense struggle with getting any wr the ball. I think he has to do with play calling and Romo not making correct reads. The example is the 4th quarter int in the steelers game. I notice read short then heave it it deep to one of his wrs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #46
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

But you won't admit that TO's continuious complaining that he needs the ball more effects the OC's play calling and Romo's ability to make the correct reads quickly. That's the whole point. TO gives them both something else they have to think about, and if the play doesn't go to him and ends up incomplete or worse, then they have to deal with him getting even louder. They're connected.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:38 PM   #47
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

Bahahah... they aren't connected. The media pushess over and over and over on TO. Then, they take most of what he says and pulls a phrase out of context and embellish and put whatever spin they want on it. Whoever the media chooses as their whipping boy, they keep on, over and over, looking and digging for stories again and again.

Does TO deserve some of it? Oh yes. The fact that he's well-spoken and outspoken hurts TO. And the fact that he openly talks to the media and answers their questions honestly hurts the media. He's emotional and shares too much. If he'd just answer shortly and succinctly, it'd be done.

You guys ever play football? I mean, really? I played RB for a while and my QB and I would get into shouting matches on quite a few occasions. Now if I was in the NFL, my temper and emotion would be exploited over and over again. What turned out to be something small would be enormous and then the media would turn it into a huge scandal. Seriously... who the f cares?

Sports today are something else... they really are. So many of people's past heroes would be absolutely trashed in today's society. They'd be scumbags that media would hound over and over until they destroyed the player, or at least made every attempt to cheapen their career and value around the league.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #48
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by faster
Bahahah... they aren't connected. The media pushess over and over and over on TO. Then, they take most of what he says and pulls a phrase out of context and embellish and put whatever spin they want on it. Whoever the media chooses as their whipping boy, they keep on, over and over, looking and digging for stories again and again.

Does TO deserve some of it? Oh yes. The fact that he's well-spoken and outspoken hurts TO. And the fact that he openly talks to the media and answers their questions honestly hurts the media. He's emotional and shares too much. If he'd just answer shortly and succinctly, it'd be done.

You guys ever play football? I mean, really? I played RB for a while and my QB and I would get into shouting matches on quite a few occasions. Now if I was in the NFL, my temper and emotion would be exploited over and over again. What turned out to be something small would be enormous and then the media would turn it into a huge scandal. Seriously... who the f cares?

Sports today are something else... they really are. So many of people's past heroes would be absolutely trashed in today's society. They'd be scumbags that media would hound over and over until they destroyed the player, or at least made every attempt to cheapen their career and value around the league.
That might make sense if I got all of my opinions based on the media. Apparently the 9ers and Eagles (and possibly Cowboys) thinks TO's screaming matches, etc. are a bit bigger than yours were with your QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »