Home

Wow, Peppers wants to leave?

This is a discussion on Wow, Peppers wants to leave? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2009, 11:12 PM   #65
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Wow, Peppers wants to leave?

Oh but if Julius Peppers goes to the Redskins I will have a tough decision on whether or not to support him.

I absolutely LOATHE the Redskins and enjoy watching them struggle every year.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2009, 01:53 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 5

You shouldn't hate the Redskins. Carolina fans should be grateful to the Redskins and Steve Spurrier for the idiotic decision to dump Stephen Davis. Hell, for awhile it seemed like Washington was where Carolina did all their offseason shopping.... although I admit the Skins should feel shamed for the Panthers getting Rod Gardner.

Seriously, I can't tell you how much it sucked as a Skins fan to watch Davis help take the Panthers to the SB while I got to watch the Ex Gator Washed Up Player Society Plus Trung Candidate that the Skins turned into.

I'm glad to see Peppers go though. I'm not sure the Panthers are gonna do enough to get him a ring, and I think he deserves a shot at one. If he really wants to go to a 3-4 defense, I'd personally love to see him playing in Pittsburg the way they get after the QB.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:18 PM   #67
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20

The only thing that would worry me about Peppers coming to my team is that winning isn't his highest priority. He was on a great team this year and he wants out? My only concern
Old 02-18-2009, 06:25 PM   #68
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
PEPPERS PICKS A PECK OF POSSIBLE SUITORS

Posted by Mike Florio on February 18, 2009, 2:42 p.m.
Panthers defensive end Julius Peppers wants out of Carolina — he has made that clear.
But he now has narrowed the field of potential suitors to four, presuming that the Panthers use the franchise tag on Peppers and then try to trade him.
According to Darin Gantt of the Rock Hill Herald, the teams are the Cowboys, two NFC South opponents, and an unnamed AFC team.
As to the NFC South foes, we’re not aware of any that run a 3-4 defense, Peppers’ supposed defense of choice. (If we’re wrong, we figure that one or two . . . or 67 . . . of you will point it out.)
The Cowboys use the 3-4, but with DeMarcus Ware and with no first-round pick in 2009, a trade is unlikely.
OK, now that the “news” portion of the blurb is out of the way, we can offer a few opinions.
First, if we were the Panthers, we’d file tampering charges right now against each of the four teams on Peppers’ list. There’s no way in hell that Peppers’ agent, Carl Carey, hasn’t already received an indication from those teams that: (1) they’re interested in Peppers; and (2) they’ll pay him a salary in the appropriate ballpark. And there’s simply no way that Peppers would reduce his trade options that dramatically without a damn good idea that the teams on the list will be serious players.
So, yeah, it looks to us like someone has been tampering. (Then again, the calendar reads “February,” so it’s kind of a given.)
Second, who in the hell does Peppers think he is? Reggie White?
Peppers has complained that the team’s defensive system has kept him from reaching his potential, without acknowledging the possibility that he might bear some responsibility for his failure to be all that he can be.
Though he registered a career-high 14.5 sacks last year in his contract season, he had only 2.5 the prior season. Reggie White could get that many sacks while using the bathroom.
Besides, we’d take Jared Allen any day of the week over Peppers, especially since Peppers is now showing that he’s more trouble than he’s worth.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:16 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
If those are the teams he wants, its obvious there's more to his decision than wanting to play the 3-4.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 02-19-2009, 02:05 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Panthers put the tag on Peppers.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/...g-peppers.html
Old 02-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #71
Banned

Jon22's Arena