Home

Capers New Packers DC

This is a discussion on Capers New Packers DC within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2009, 09:06 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Capers New Packers DC

Oh, I think Thompson will realize his philosophy hasn't exactly worked this year after trading away a key component on the defensive line without having anyone to replace him. Never shoulda drafted Harrell, that was a TERRIBLE decision.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:12 PM   #10
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

He's gonna have to. He's already got two of his Defensive Captains asking him to bring some help in because they know they need it.

He got lucky the first 2 years but after witnessing the massacre that was the Defense this year, trading away a key piece to the Defensive line because you didn't want to "overpay" by signing Corey Williams.

As for Mr. Harrell, my patience is starting to run very thin for him, if it already hasn't ran out.

The Defense doesn't even have to be anything spectacular. If they can be at least average for a season, we're right back in the thick of things in the NFC.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #11
Rookie

What they need to do with Harrell is cut him. He doesn't deserve to hold a spot on the roster. We had to release a productive special teams player (Tracy White) to keep him on the roster, did we not? Psh, wasn't worth it.

Yeah, now that we're in the 3-4 I'd love to see Peppers in a Packers uniform, although I'm not neccesarily a Packers fan. It'd be good for the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2009, 09:39 PM   #12
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

The second they cut Tracy White was the minute the Special Teams officially became one of the worst in Football. But you know how the FO mantra is, "If it ain't broke, then fix it".

I think they'll go ahead and keep Harrell since we're going to be a 3-4 team now and since Pickett is in a contract year, I gotta feeling we're going to alot of Harrell unfortunately.

Here's what I think they need to do:

-Extend Greg Jennings' current contract. Dude is a flat out monster and is quickly becoming one of the league's best playmakers and elite WR. No reason for this to end up like the Ryan Grant situation last year when there was NO excuse for him to even come to Camp late when he could've been locked up MONTHS prior to TC.

-Address the Defense. Make a serious run at either Haynesworth or Peppers but this Defense needs help BADLY.

-Address the OT in either FA or the Draft because Tauscher's and Clifton's days here are pretty much numbered.

-Bring back Tracy White. Key contributer to our ST and there was no reason to cut him at all. Not sure how he'll feel about returning since I'm pretty sure he might hold a grudge against TT after how they treated him.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:43 PM   #13
Rookie

Yeah, I agree, especially with the OT part. They definitely need to get rid of those two, or at least get some one to replace them the next season after the upcoming one or sometime during this upcoming season. They should look to pick someone up in the second round maybe.

Then they should look for a hybrid type linebacker with their pick. There are a few that should be available.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:35 PM   #14
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
The second they cut Tracy White was the minute the Special Teams officially became one of the worst in Football. But you know how the FO mantra is, "If it ain't broke, then fix it".

I think they'll go ahead and keep Harrell since we're going to be a 3-4 team now and since Pickett is in a contract year, I gotta feeling we're going to alot of Harrell unfortunately.

-Extend Greg Jennings' current contract. Dude is a flat out monster and is quickly becoming one of the league's best playmakers and elite WR. No reason for this to end up like the Ryan Grant situation last year when there was NO excuse for him to even come to Camp late when he could've been locked up MONTHS prior to TC.

-Address the Defense. Make a serious run at either Haynesworth or Peppers but this Defense needs help BADLY.

-Address the OT in either FA or the Draft because Tauscher's and Clifton's days here are pretty much numbered.

-Bring back Tracy White. Key contributer to our ST and there was no reason to cut him at all. Not sure how he'll feel about returning since I'm pretty sure he might hold a grudge against TT after how they treated him.
The hell with Ted Thompson......when can you start??

I agree with everything you posted.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Old 01-20-2009, 08:39 AM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

I'll add to your defense area. They will need more athletic LB's for the 3-4. Poppinga must go and Hawk needs to turn it up a notch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2009, 09:11 AM   #16
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:

What about LB depth?

Seems like GB wasn't too bad until Nick Barnett went down for the year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »