Home

Anyone else feelin' like me?

This is a discussion on Anyone else feelin' like me? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27
Anyone else feelin' like me?

When I don't have a team in race, I almost always pull for the underdog, the Cinderella, or the team that has never won it before. Arizona fits the bill on all counts.

However, I'm not feeling Arizona. The reason is because I can't get excited for their fans. They haven't been long-suffering. They've been indifferent for this team. First home playoff game since the franchise was in Chicago & they couldn't even sell the tickets. They had a poll on espn.com about which 1st round playoff game was more interesting. Local fans voted for "their" game. But Arizona fans had Atl @ Az a distant 2nd to Indy @ SD.

I get excited for the fans when a team makes an unexpected run. But, and apologies to the few, true, die-hard Cardinal faithful, I don't feel the local fans deserve it. The Cards are their 2nd favorite team to either Dallas or San Diego.

I'm pulling for Pittsburgh. Unless, the Steelers get shafted by the officials like Seattle did in Detroit. Then there would be some justice in the matter. Otherwise, I want the Steelers to win.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2009, 09:29 AM   #2
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Anyone else feelin' like me?

They sold the conference championship game tickets in 6 minutes...

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 01-19-2009, 09:39 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
They sold the conference championship game tickets in 6 minutes...
Hopped on the bandwagon. You'd think the same would happen for the Atlanta game. They were loud & frantic yesterday. They should be that way for division rivals as well. Not just when Dallas is in town.

You think if Cleveland was in that situation, they would have trouble selling tickets? They are in much worse weather & desperate for a title. They could sell out a 100,000 seat stadium if they were in a conf title game.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 01-19-2009, 09:41 AM   #4
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Not that I don't believe you or anything JD, but do you have a link about the team having trouble selling tickets for wild card weekend?

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 01-19-2009, 09:50 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Not that I don't believe you or anything JD, but do you have a link about the team having trouble selling tickets for wild card weekend?
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2009/...s-Blackout.php
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #6
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I think the problem with the fans is that it's Arizona. I mean, most of the people in that state come from somewhere else so it's hard to have an attachment to the Cardinals especially since they've been so bad for so long. I'm really feeling for this team but i'm conflicted not because of the fans but because of the owner and his family who are one of the cheapest and least classy ownership in the entire league.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 01-19-2009, 10:18 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

SPTO is right. Arizona is a state of transplants. If I moved there, I'd probably get attached, but I would still be a Giants fan.

My cousin and her husband live there and have become Cardinal fans, but since he has been a Falcons fan for as long as I have known him, he went to the stadium to root AGAINST the Cards in the first round and FOR the Cards in this one...
Old 01-19-2009, 10:28 AM   #8
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Yeah, I'm happy they're there for Warner, and I dunno, it is nice to see a new different team in there, but Arizona has always been a semi-expansion pretty irrelevant loser team to me, and it never really seemed like the fans really cared.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »