Home

Boldin Ditches Celebration

This is a discussion on Boldin Ditches Celebration within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2009, 07:13 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Boldin Ditches Celebration

I'm sure if he doesn't want to be in Arizona, Philly would LOVEEEEEEE to have him. However, I think Boldin'll realize that what's goin' right now is good, and he'll snap out of it.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #74
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Running the ball out of 22 personnel, and he's coming off of being questionable all week, and he's upset? Boldin needs to take a step back and look at the bigger picture.
All that really needs to be said. I'm sure he was explained the strategy at the time (which would be hard for him to do as a player during the game... which is why he's not the OC) and be fine.

With that said, Boldin's fine. The guy rushed back from a hamstring injury to help the team try to get to the SB and didn't understand why all his efforts were being used on the bench in a close game. He's also rushed back from a broken jaw on one of the worse hits I've ever seen to help this team get to where it is. Add that he was there before the Fitzgeralds and the Warners and doesn't feel he's being treated like the loyal soldier he's been either through his bank account or at the end of this game, and that's why he was pissed. Doesn't make it right but it's most definitely understandable.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #75
LPU
Rookie

LPU's Arena

OVR: 3

I like Boldin less for this. He's going to the freakin' Super Bowl. Cry me a river.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2009, 12:58 PM   #76
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPU
I like Boldin less for this. He's going to the freakin' Super Bowl. Cry me a river.
If they had lost the game everyone would be siding with Boldin. The Cards were up big and the Eagles closed the gap and almost won. He shouldn't be playing coach but it's understandable that he thinks he's one of the best players on the team and one of the reasons they got as far as they did, and has done whatever he can to be able to be on the field and didn't understand why he wasn't. It's not like he was demanding the ball, he wanted to know why he wasn't even playing.

Like BK said, I would've had him on the sideline too, but it's not hard to see what he was thinking.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:07 PM   #77
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
Rather petty of him to skip a celebration because he's upset about his playing time (presumably). The team won, and thats all that should matter. He doesn't have much in the way of leverage given that his deal has three years remaining but should the Cardinals decide to trade him I'm sure they could get value.
Not in today's NFL. It is not about wins and losses or making it to the Superbowl. It is about stats and money. Boldin could probably care less about the Superbowl, like so many other players. He was probably upset because he didn't get enough touches, in an important drive, to help is stock rise for next year.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #78
Pro

shorty12345's Arena

OVR: 8

If he doesn't want to be with the Card's I'd be happy to have him on DA Bears.
NCAAFB- Arizona State Sundevils
NCAAB- Arizona State Sundevils
Old 01-20-2009, 08:21 PM   #79
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftball11
Not in today's NFL. It is not about wins and losses or making it to the Superbowl. It is about stats and money. Boldin could probably care less about the Superbowl, like so many other players. He was probably upset because he didn't get enough touches, in an important drive, to help is stock rise for next year.
LOL he stock is already raised....12 games 11TD's over 1000yards despite having a broken face...yea he wanted to boost his stats more than win the game...
Old 01-20-2009, 08:28 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftball11
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »