Home

Kiper's first Mock.

This is a discussion on Kiper's first Mock. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Kiper's first Mock.

Does anyone know if the rumors are true about the 49ers interest in michael vick. If so, would that still warrant their pick for a QB? ESPN had the rumor for it I just wanted to know if there was any truth to it
Old 01-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie48
Does anyone know if the rumors are true about the 49ers interest in michael vick. If so, would that still warrant their pick for a QB? ESPN had the rumor for it I just wanted to know if there was any truth to it
I haven't heard that. So who knows....pretty interesting if it's true.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-25-2009, 12:47 PM   #59
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

National Football Post on OT William Beatty of U-Conn:

Quote:
He’s a bit thin in the pants
These draft gurus have really started to dig deep on this information.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #60
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Wtf? The Colts are going CB in the first round? No. If anything, that's the last thing that they need. I'm shootin for LeSean McCoy out of Pitt. He'd be a good back in our rotation, he's a homerun threat anytime he touches the ball.
You do nothing but complain about the Colts defense in that other thread and now you want them to draft another offensive player?

Another RB is about the last thing they need. RB is not their problem.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #61
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie48
Given the political and social climate of that city, I can't imagine Vick being signed by the Niners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #62
H*ll *f F*m*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza
*sigh* Yet another mock that has us taking a quarterback in the first round. I just don't know if some mock draft creators really watched or followed what went on with this team throughout the last couple seasons, or if they only looked at final scores and a few SportsCenter lowlights then quickly assumed that quarterback play is the biggest problem.

Kruza
I think Detroit picks a QB, not because of need but from a marketing standpoint. After going 0-16, the teams image in the public eye is a joke. Think about it, who's going to f'n buy a loins jersey after going 0-16? I wouldn't be surprised if you see Stafford get drafted #1 and all of a sudden the lions make "style" changes to their uniforms.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:49 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You do nothing but complain about the Colts defense in that other thread and now you want them to draft another offensive player?

Another RB is about the last thing they need. RB is not their problem.
There's 7 rounds in the NFL Draft, not just 1. We have plenty of other rounds to go for defense.

I want McCoy and I know that he'll be gone when we pick in the 2nd round. I'm tired of slow backs. For once, I just want a back that can take it to the house anytime he touches it. Plus, maybe I'm wrong about this, but isn't he a good returner? If so, we've never had a returner in special teams and with his speed and vision, he could fill that role. But like I said before, knowing Bill Polian..he'll go after someone that no one expects.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #64
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
There's 7 rounds in the NFL Draft, not just 1. We have plenty of other rounds to go for defense.

I want McCoy and I know that he'll be gone when we pick in the 2nd round. I'm tired of slow backs. For once, I just want a back that can take it to the house anytime he touches it. Plus, maybe I'm wrong about this, but isn't he a good returner? If so, we've never had a returner in special teams and with his speed and vision, he could fill that role. But like I said before, knowing Bill Polian..he'll go after someone that no one expects.
Why would you bust a #1 pick, and allocate #1 pick money against the cap on a position that isn't a position of need.

After watching that playoff game you don't think a DT that be stout at the point of attack would be a bigger priority. And they are much harder to find than RB's. You don't think getting a LB who can run and hit and be physical is more important?

You can find good RB's anywhere, they are one of the easiest positions in the league to fill. The league is littered with big time backs who went well after the first round. Finding blue chip DT's and big time LB's are much more difficult and have a much higher value at the top of the draft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »