Home

Kurt Warner a better QB than Peyton Manning

This is a discussion on Kurt Warner a better QB than Peyton Manning within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2009, 06:58 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Kurt Warner a better QB than Peyton Manning

This thread cracks me up...who cares what the article says. The article is a compelling and a good read, but I seriously doubt Manning and Warner care about it, so why should we. After all, we all know Ryan Leaf was the best QB to ever play the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2009, 07:00 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Honestly, Wayne is a nice receiver and I love Harrison. But I myself would definitely rather have a guy like Andre Johnson, or Larry Fitzgerald, or even a Calvin Johnson than those guys. I would absolutely love to see Peyton having a receiver like that. A guy that he can just toss it up to even if he's in double coverage because you'll know he'll just jump over the defenders to get the ball....just like Fitzgerald did in the Wild Card game. Fitz was double covered, but Warner didn't care because he knew that Fitz would come down with it...and he did.

But honestly, we're nitpicking right now. Harrison and Wayne are still a great tandem, top 5 in the league....well not anymore due to Harrison getting older.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-22-2009, 07:15 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburn387
LOL!!!!!

hahahaha, see what I mean...."Wayne is as good as anyone in the league" LMAO. The ONLY reason youre saying that is to make the talent around peyton look even better. but i GAURANTEE that if you were to make a top 5 best receivers in the league, wayne wouldn't even be in the top 5. but ohhh, since we're talking about peyton..you have to try and make the talent around him look better than it really is just to hate on Peyton. Wayne isn't as good as Fitz, or Moss, or Steve Smith, or Calvin Johnson, or Andre Johnson...get real man. And I don't see how you would take a guy like Harrison, all he is...is a fast guy who can catch and can run good routes. I would EASILY take Moss or Fitzgerald over Harrison any day of the week. Guys like Moss or Calvin Johnson or Fitzgerald are physical specimens...they're insanely talented. They can do it all and it's a QB's DREAM to have guys like that...just ask Big Ben who was whining about not having taller receivers in the offseason.
Honestly, that'd sound like a pretty damn good deal if I was a quarterback. So what if he's not the tallest guy around. I bet you if you look up any clip on youtube involving the NFL's greatest catches, you'd see at least 3-5 catches from Harrison. If you were a Colts fan you'd appreciate the fact that your quarterback has had such a great weapon for his entire career, along with Wayne for the last, what, 7 or 8 years?

And you're telling me that Harrison and Wayne aren't insanely talented? Harrison is going to be a first ballot Hall of Famer and Wayne is going to put up some pretty good numbers by the time he's done.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:47 PM   #28
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Don't know why you keep responding to him when it's obvious he's not making any sense.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:53 PM   #29
Rookie

Yes, that's very true.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:31 PM   #30
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamannator
LOL at this post. What a joke. Peyton has never had a Moss or TO or Fitz? In his prime, I'd take Harrison over any of those receivers. And Wayne is just as good as anyone in the league. Don't play that game. And Kurt Warner overrated? HA! More like underrated if anything. Warner was benched not because of ineffective or good play, but because Manning was the first pick in the draft and the GM didn't wanna see his prized pick sitting on the bench.
Could've stopped at the comment about Warner getting benched for a rookie when he didn't have good WRs but now (that he has those same WRs) he's good, lol.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:47 PM   #31
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
There we go again. You guys just make every excuse in the book for Peyton don't you? When he loses, it's his fault. When he wins, he got all the help in the world. You guys are absolutely ridiculous. "Manning doesn't elevate his game in the Playoffs....." "Anytime Peyton plays good, it's because he got help, but when he plays bad, it's all his fault" Listen to yourselves for ONCE and REALIZE that your logic makes ZERO sense AT ALL. This years game Playoff game between the Colts/Chargers, is just more proof at how much hate there is towards Manning....Right after that game, people said "wow Manning goes one and done again" "Peyton can't handle the Playoff pressure, he chokes" "Peyton doesn't elevate his game"...ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Name one QB that could EVER overcome the s.hit that Peyton had to overcome in that game...being pinned inside the 10 yard line SEVEN TIMES, which is an NFL RECORD BY A PUNTER in the Playoffs, having NO run game AT ALL...and then his defense allowing ONE SINGLE PLAYER to go for 300+...NOT TO MENTION, his defense allowing PENALTY AFTER PENALTY AFTER PENALTY in overtime...you guys need to wake up and realize how stupid you sound and how much you guys contradict yourselves. I have not one time, heard people say Brady choked in the AFC Championship game in 06 after he threw that interception to Marlin Jackson....but there's NO DOUBT in my mind that if that was Peyton Manning, people would've labeled him as a choker.

Get real.
Well, clearly it's hard to argue with a fan of someone, particularly when they start to use caps and yell and stuff, but nothing I said isn't factual.

The article is talking about the long term, not what happened these past playoffs. Warner and Manning have both had good targets in their careers, good offenses, dome home fields, and not always so great running games and defenses. But when it comes to the playoffs, one has a history of playing his best, the other doesn't. There's no argument to that because you can't argue against fact.

Sorry if you can't take facts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2009, 09:09 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Well, clearly it's hard to argue with a fan of someone, particularly when they start to use caps and yell and stuff, but nothing I said isn't factual.

The article is talking about the long term, not what happened these past playoffs. Warner and Manning have both had good targets in their careers, good offenses, dome home fields, and not always so great running games and defenses. But when it comes to the playoffs, one has a history of playing his best, the other doesn't. There's no argument to that because you can't argue against fact.

Sorry if you can't take facts.
Wow. You are STILL clueless. How can you compare ones Playoff performance to another when it's COMPLETELY different. Players play differently on different teams and different situations. Warner clearly had a better team in those years with the Rams. They were the number 1 seed in the NFC. They were amazing dude. "The Greatest Show on Turf." Remember that? You're right, they are both dome teams, yet you forget that Warner played at home in the dome in his Playoff games, while Manning had to go out in the snow and cold and play....and don't even say "its football, it doesnt matter where you play..." It clearly does as Manning played amazing at home against the Broncos, then went out against New England and played bad. Then this year, the Cards go out in the snow in New England and get absolutely obliterated. You're the one that can't handle facts. Warner lost to the Pats in the Super Bowl, inside a dome, when the Pats were basically like the Cardinals of this year...a team that surprised everyone. Peyton lost to the Pats, on the road out in the snow, when they were at the pinnacle of their dynasty. Don't use dome homefields as a legit statement when Manning was playing on the road for his earlier portion of his Playoff career and Warner was nice and snug inside his dome with his fans behind him.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »