Home

Oh Yes, You Too Can A Member Of The Dallas Cowboys.

This is a discussion on Oh Yes, You Too Can A Member Of The Dallas Cowboys. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #9
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Oh Yes, You Too Can A Member Of The Dallas Cowboys.

I can't even keep up with Pacman OFF the field anymore...

But I'd check the show out...could be entertaining...

Gotta be better then "Pros Versus Joes" or whatever that mess was called...
Old 01-25-2009, 07:31 PM   #10
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

this is like the eagles 70s thing w/ popa-pingpong whatever his name was. mark whaleberg was the star in the movie.

I think it's fine. So many people don't get a chance when they deserved one. I also don't think that pro athletes are magically SO much better than a lot of people (who could potentially be better than them) For example I know that I personally can run faster than many players in the NFL, and there are other guys out there who are naturally stronger, or more coachable etc...I think that they could find people out there who could be better than average NFL players.

At this level you have elite players, good players, average players and below average players all playing in the same league.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #11
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
this is like the eagles 70s thing w/ popa-pingpong whatever his name was. mark whaleberg was the star in the movie.

I think it's fine. So many people don't get a chance when they deserved one. I also don't think that pro athletes are magically SO much better than a lot of people (who could potentially be better than them) For example I know that I personally can run faster than many players in the NFL, and there are other guys out there who are naturally stronger, or more coachable etc...I think that they could find people out there who could be better than average NFL players.

At this level you have elite players, good players, average players and below average players all playing in the same league.
You blaspheme...

You mean Vince PAPALE.

If these guys are guys who've played organized football, and are in a 'intra-mural'/recreational type league then I could see them possibly having a chance.

If its some dude from the local Gold's Gym...uh...I fear for his life as an NFL player.

LOL at people on message boards saying, because they're 'fast', they could have a chance to play in the NFL.

I have great hand-eye coordination, was once a Marine so am physically fit, could I be a major league hitter now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2009, 01:05 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
You blaspheme...

You mean Vince PAPALE.

If these guys are guys who've played organized football, and are in a 'intra-mural'/recreational type league then I could see them possibly having a chance.

If its some dude from the local Gold's Gym...uh...I fear for his life as an NFL player.

LOL at people on message boards saying, because they're 'fast', they could have a chance to play in the NFL.

I have great hand-eye coordination, was once a Marine so am physically fit, could I be a major league hitter now?
You can still live the dream!!! If you trained every other day of your life from middle school to college.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:35 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 31

I think humans are more alike than similar. The best professional athletes have such a small window of greatness it is not foolish to think everyone had that window of greatness.

There are more athletes and great ball players that haven't played in professional sports than those that have.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:49 AM   #14
All Star

OVR: 33

If one truly applied themselves 100% and trained hard from middle school or the start of highschool, barring some large case of ineptidtude and unco-ness, a lot of people could play well in college and have a crack at the NFL.

A lot of people probably have the size, skill, and physical attributes to play in the nfl, but it also takes a lot of mental strength. To accept failure, and improve yourself.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #15
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
If one truly applied themselves 100% and trained hard from middle school or the start of highschool, barring some large case of ineptidtude and unco-ness, a lot of people could play well in college and have a crack at the NFL.

A lot of people probably have the size, skill, and physical attributes to play in the nfl, but it also takes a lot of mental strength. To accept failure, and improve yourself.
You have to encompass the whole thing (size, skill, AND mental fortitud), or be SUCH a great athlete that your shortcomings in "mental strength" are overlooked...which is what happens to the Pac-Man Jones' and Plaxico Burress'.

IMO the reason that some athletes never made it to any level of professional sports (Pro-level, minors, euro-leauges, d-leagues, etc.) is because they didn't have what it takes to reach level...Plain and simple.

The Vince Papale's, Chris Coste's, and Kurt Warner's of the world, IMO, make up about 99% of the people who have the skills/etc. to play any form of professional sports and for whatever reason never got thier shot, or had to go through immense struggle/time to get to where they are now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

This is exactly what this team needs after another choke of a year. Great leadership by Lil' Al. At least there will be more brand awareness though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »