Home

Pat White, QB or Not QB in NFL?

This is a discussion on Pat White, QB or Not QB in NFL? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Pat White, QB or Not in the NFL?
Yes 10 15.63%
No 34 53.13%
Maybe with work. 20 31.25%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #73
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Pat White, QB or Not QB in NFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primerica
failure rate, lol. Only Michael Vick and VY is a uber mobile QB I know of. The others knew they weren't NFL prospects. Pat White is from Vick and VY cloth. I think White is better at QB then both Vick and Young as prospects. I know Young and Vick have rocket launcher arms but they aren't near as accurate as White.
Thats just crazy to say that. Just watch the Fla St. vs. Va Tech championship game and tell me Pat White is close to the QB Vick was.
And I am not a vick supporter at all.

And to say that Woodrow Dantzler and Randell El werent the college QB's that Pat White was is just uninformed.

Last edited by USF11; 01-29-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:55 PM   #74
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
failure rate, lol. Only Michael Vick and VY is a uber mobile QB I know of. The others knew they weren't NFL prospects. Pat White is from Vick and VY cloth. I think White is better at QB then both Vick and Young as prospects. I know Young and Vick have rocket launcher arms but they aren't near as accurate as White.
Pat White? Accurate?
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 01-29-2009, 02:25 PM   #75
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

Can anyone find the clip of Tebow getting picked off by Gerald McCoy? That is the only clip you need to see to know why Tebow stayed and why he wont succeed in the NFL. He is staring straight ahead at his WR and somehow missed the biggest player on OU's team standing right in front of him.
And Tebow is not the greatest college football player of all time...give it a rest. He is the Ron Dayne/Beanie Wells of the QB world. He is a fat boy who runs over people in college but wont do anything in the NFL. Take that one to the bank.

also he is slow as balls and i cant believe in NCAA09 that he is faster than Colt McCoy...ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2009, 02:53 PM   #76
Rookie

bonafied0034's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
No one is a every down back in the current NFL. What makes you think White will be good WR. Why draft him if the best he is in your mind is a solid kick returner or 4th or 5th WR. That's just stupid. Brian Brohm is about as NFL ready at QB as Pat White but no one said move him to WR.

Another thing, there is not such thing as Wildcat QB. It can only be the wildcat if the player is a WR/RB. All that wildcat crap is the new "game manager" like meaning. It's a term of disrespect.

Did you honestly just say you think White is as NFL ready at QB as Brian Brohm?
If I'm not mistaken, halfway through the last college season, Brohm was still the #1 prospect at QB for the draft. Then his team started losing, and he started having to throw the ball more and more, so obviously he is going to take some hits to his stats. Somehow, because his team was awful, his own stock slipped. Stupid.

And I still am in shock you compared Pat White to Brian Brohm...

I am by no means a Brian Brohm fanboy, just a college football fan.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 8

You know what the greatest thing about sports is? This argument means nothing. Either he can play or he can't. If the man can play, he'll get his shot. If he can't, he'll work at Jiffy Lube. This is the NFL in 2009. There's no racism. There's no favortism. There's not a coach in the NFL that wouldn't play this guy if he was a legit QB. Talent shines bright, if he can play, he will play.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:47 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
I think White is better at QB then both Vick and Young as prospects.
Then you need to learn to think differently.

Pat White isn't in the same universe as Mike Vick. Vick was the best college football player both years he played, and probably the most talented football player of all time. Pat White was not.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:50 PM   #79
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby

Pat White isn't in the same universe as Mike Vick. Vick was the best college football player both years he played, and probably the most talented football player of all time. Pat White was not.
So was VY the only year he started/played every game
Old 01-29-2009, 05:23 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby

Vick always had a NFL caliber line and wide outs while at Va Tech. All Pat White had was Steve Slaton, Owen S. who were a backs. As for Cebby, watch every WVU bowl game and see the vast improvement White made. They beat teams that was better then them in every bowl. UGA was superior, and so was Oklahoma. He's closer to Michael then you think as a prospect. The biggest difference outside of arm power is Vick is built like LT while White built like Peerless Price.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »