Home

Pat White, QB or Not QB in NFL?

This is a discussion on Pat White, QB or Not QB in NFL? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Pat White, QB or Not in the NFL?
Yes 10 15.63%
No 34 53.13%
Maybe with work. 20 31.25%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2009, 12:32 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Pat White, QB or Not QB in NFL?

I watched him quite a bit. He improve a lot each year. He a better QB prospect then Vince Young as well as a better runner at the same stage... He's has great intangibles, elite mobility, and has great potential... Under the right QB coach and with talent around him he could become one of the best QB's in the game... Need two years of tutelage.... Size??? injury prone???
He does not grade well as a WR prospect.... His best position outside of QB is S and he's too small for that position.... I really like him as a QB prospect.... Reminds me of Chris Johnson in terms of slept on... I am not saying he will have that impact but should be looked at higher then he is....
Old 01-28-2009, 12:42 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 11

Anybody remember Eric Crouch, 2001 Heisman quarterback of the Nebraska Cornhuskers? Drafted by the Rams as a WR, but he wanted to play quarterback so he left before the season started. Went to the Packers but left after they got Rodgers. He retired from the NFL 3 years after being drafted, never playing a single game. He also tried NFL Europe and CFL with very little success. According to Wikipedia, he was drafted third over all by "Team Texas" of the "AAFL".

Anywho, I can see the same thing happening to White if he insists on being a quarterback. He needs to find a new position, or at the very least a team that thinks they need him. Otherwise he might just find himself playing against Crouch in the "AAFL", whatever that is.
Minnesota Wild
Old 01-28-2009, 12:44 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 47

I am sorry but you are flat out wrong about Charlie Ward. No team was going to draft him at #1 or the first or the second and probably more like the 4th or 6th. Even if he did when a HS and national championship. He fell under the same thing Geno did. They both would not make it in the pros. Charlie Ward was not a prospect. And if he was that is news to me. That is not what I have read. They said he had a better change in B Ball, so he took it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2009, 12:53 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 7

Pat White has QB skills, Randle El in college was just a elusive athlete at QB which was the only way Indiana could be competitive. Crouch has no QB skills to mention and just like Pat White doesn't project well on offense outside QB (in Tim's case he didn't project well at QB either). As for Charlie Ward, he was more of a college QB then a NFL QB prospect. He never made quick reads and also had one of the most talented teams around him. Chris Weinke looked great with those 90's Noles as well. Just based off college merit, Ward could have been a 5th to 7th round pick. Everyone knew he was a solid NBA prospect and he when that way. It was a great career move. Tim Tebow is like Charlie Ward to me. Both project decently if they make position moves, Tebow more so then Ward.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:51 AM   #37
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
That Tebow is significantly better at passing than Pat White is?

Tebow is a legit project QB; Pat White is a legit project WR.
How I know you would come in here to defends Tebow....I am sry but a QB that breaks a RB record for rushing TD's, I could say some stuff said about Pat White. O tebow wont make it because he looks to run, o that isn't a very system like QB, blah, blah.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 01-28-2009, 07:36 AM   #38
All Star

OVR: 33

Tebow is gonna play QB.

The greatest college football player ever, not getting given a chance in the pros.

That aint gonna happen. THe NFL may be stubborn with its 'oh we must draft "pro style" players. (watever that means).

But you cannot throw out Tebow like that. He's going to get given a chance. ANd he's going to be a winner.

I don't care if my qb runs every single play as long as he wins the game. I rather him than a pocket passer that goes 14/33 and loses the game.

QB stands for quarterback. Not slow-sitting duck-pocket passer-decent accuracy-good arm - back.

NOt every QB has to be Peyton Manning. Vick was very successful in terms of win percentage when he was in the league. He wasn't that less threatening or lesseffective than Manning until manning won the superbowl.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:35 AM   #39
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

I compare him to Troy Smith. Is Pat White better than Troy Smith? Not in my mind. Troy's having issues getting playing time in the NFL. Pat wouldn't see any at QB. I just don't get it. If you have a chance to make a great living in the NFL with a simple position change,why not do it? Hell,how many kids graduate with a degree in one thing then find out they aren't going to get a job doing what they want? 90 percent? They change their career paths to make a living. If Pat's not humble enough to do that then I wish him luck in the Great White North.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:16 AM   #40
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Tebow is gonna play QB.

The greatest college football player ever, not getting given a chance in the pros.

That aint gonna happen. THe NFL may be stubborn with its 'oh we must draft "pro style" players. (watever that means).

But you cannot throw out Tebow like that. He's going to get given a chance. ANd he's going to be a winner.

I don't care if my qb runs every single play as long as he wins the game. I rather him than a pocket passer that goes 14/33 and loses the game.

QB stands for quarterback. Not slow-sitting duck-pocket passer-decent accuracy-good arm - back.

NOt every QB has to be Peyton Manning. Vick was very successful in terms of win percentage when he was in the league. He wasn't that less threatening or lesseffective than Manning until manning won the superbowl.
You would not very long as a Head Coach or a GM in the league, judging by this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »