Home

So, the Steelers the new "America's Team"???

This is a discussion on So, the Steelers the new "America's Team"??? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2009, 07:42 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: So, the Steelers the new "America's Team"???

It will always be the Cowboys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2009, 10:04 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
It will always be the Cowboys.
Sadly this is true. But what better way to represent America and it's economic collapse, political corruption, and lack of teammwork to accomplish goals then to refer to the team with the most turmoil "America's Team."
Old 02-21-2009, 04:36 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmccormi
Sadly this is true. But what better way to represent America and it's economic collapse, political corruption, and lack of teammwork to accomplish goals then to refer to the team with the most turmoil "America's Team."

Uhh right.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:18 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmccormi
Tru
Old 03-18-2009, 08:43 PM   #45

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
6 SB wins how can they not be?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Team

"The term America's Team is a popular nickname in American sports that most often refers the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League. [1] The term is recognized and often used by media outlets, including ESPN,[2] Yahoo!,[3] HBO Sports,[4] and Sports Illustrated.[5]"

"Bob Ryan, the Vice President and editor-in-chief of NFL Films, coined this for the Cowboys in 1979. After preparing and editing the team’s 1978 season highlight film he had to come up with a title for the film. [6]"
i like the steelers and the cowboys but not romo but regaurdless of that the cowboys are america's team hands down i dont care how many SUPERBOWLS STEELERS WIN the media, and they are supposed to be the most talented team in the entire league as they say but half there defense got released in the off season pac man to drunk to play but reguardless you cant take there name away that they have had forever no matter how many superbowls playoffs and wins they are and will forever be america's team b/c its not about the team with all the superbowls or wins its the cowboys and thats america's team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 11:17 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 16

Please - there is no need for this "America's Team" bs....

Sure - right now the Steelers are "America's Team" - they just won the Super Bowl.

If the Steelers go 9-7 in 2009 and 6-10 in 2010, do you honestly believe that they will still be "America's Team"? No way....

It's just easy to be on the bandwagon when a team has been successful.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:51 AM   #47

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan2k1
Please - there is no need for this "America's Team" bs....

Sure - right now the Steelers are "America's Team" - they just won the Super Bowl.

If the Steelers go 9-7 in 2009 and 6-10 in 2010, do you honestly believe that they will still be "America's Team"? No way....

It's just easy to be on the bandwagon when a team has been successful.
im not on any bandwagon my team is the chargers im not a cowboys fan or a steelers fan imma fan of players on the teams but not the teams it self gudd teams alot of talent but they do not have the name of america's team u cant take that away from the cowboys besides any otha team doesn't even sound rite or fit the call of america's team besides people wern't callin the patriots america's team wen they won back to back superbowls winning the superbowl does not make you america's team it just makes you the champs fa that season and to be honest the cowboys suck there defense is horrible not to mention they didnt even make the playoffs b/c half of them got released dont get me wrong D ware is a beast imma big fan of d ware he needs to be on the covor of madden if they were having a defensive player or troy i would say ed reed but he dont fit the cover i think. but america's team is the cowboys srry steelers fans just b/c you have the most SUPERBOWL wins doesn't make you america's team i mean u got 6 superbowls be happy with that you dont need to try to make ur selfs america's team 2 b/c the so called america's team didnt even make it to the playoffs so dont jinx ya self think about it
Old 03-19-2009, 09:54 AM   #48
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
im not on any bandwagon my team is the chargers im not a cowboys fan or a steelers fan imma fan of players on the teams but not the teams it self gudd teams alot of talent but they do not have the name of america's team u cant take that away from the cowboys besides any otha team doesn't even sound rite or fit the call of america's team besides people wern't callin the patriots america's team wen they won back to back superbowls winning the superbowl does not make you america's team it just makes you the champs fa that season and to be honest the cowboys suck there defense is horrible not to mention they didnt even make the playoffs b/c half of them got released dont get me wrong D ware is a beast imma big fan of d ware he needs to be on the covor of madden if they were having a defensive player or troy i would say ed reed but he dont fit the cover i think. but america's team is the cowboys srry steelers fans just b/c you have the most SUPERBOWL wins doesn't make you america's team i mean u got 6 superbowls be happy with that you dont need to try to make ur selfs america's team 2 b/c the so called america's team didnt even make it to the playoffs so dont jinx ya self think about it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »