Home

Favre to retire... again.

This is a discussion on Favre to retire... again. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2009, 12:47 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Favre to retire... again.

Why the hell did you bump this year old topic? I've put in a complaint to the moderation team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #26
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C
Why the hell did you bump this year old topic? I've put in a complaint to the moderation team
Old 02-11-2009, 02:38 PM   #27
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
Who else is QB? Clemens? Rookie Qbs? They'll spend in FA but not too much after the free-for-all last year...Of course that's if Favre actually ignores the itch
You act as if having Favre behind center made them the complete team a new coach could lead to the promise land. The Jets made A LOT of nice moves last season before they got Favre. Considering they didn't even make the playoffs, the Favre signing derailed them and the sooner they can get him out of the picture the sooner they can move forward with long term plans. With that decision in the air, it's one more thing Ryan's got to deal with, and if he did come back his ego would've bumped heads with a new coach and new offensive system.

The season doesn't start for what, 7 months? I'm sure they'll figure out the QB situation by then.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #28
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
You act as if having Favre behind center made them the complete team a new coach could lead to the promise land. The Jets made A LOT of nice moves last season before they got Favre. Considering they didn't even make the playoffs, the Favre signing derailed them and the sooner they can get him out of the picture the sooner they can move forward with long term plans. With that decision in the air, it's one more thing Ryan's got to deal with, and if he did come back his ego would've bumped heads with a new coach and new offensive system.

The season doesn't start for what, 7 months? I'm sure they'll figure out the QB situation by then.
What makes you think I'm a fan of the soap-opera this is Favre? I just like Rex as a D-coord and hope he can have a successful year as head coach...I'd honestly like to see him pull Ray Lewis over w/him
Old 02-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #29
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

I hope that Brett will stay retired this time. Given that 2 TD 9 int perfomance down the stretch you would think that there wouldn't be much of a market for him.

Do the J-E-T-S have to keep 12 mil on the cap incase he comes back (again) or can they just spend that money? I know the GB had a great cap situation last year that allowed them to make moves and keep 12 mil on hold for his eventually return. Given all the money the jets spent last year I don't see them having that kind of room.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 02-11-2009, 03:16 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
He should have retired the first time. This second "retirement" kind of tarnishes his legacy in a sense. Let's hope he really does retire.
How does it tarnish his legacy? Michael Jordan retired like 3-4 times. I don't think it tarnishes anything just because he retired and then decided to come back...
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 02-11-2009, 04:28 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 17

LOL at him holding a press conference at 6 PM ET. What a god **** attention whore.

We all know you're retiring Brett. Just go away, spare us the tears this time bud.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #32
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I've seen and experienced this same song and dance before. Bump this by about Late May-Early June and then we'll hear whispers of him to Minnesota getting louder and louder.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »