Home

Where is Fred Taylor running to?

This is a discussion on Where is Fred Taylor running to? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #9
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Where is Fred Taylor running to?

New England (NOOOOOO!)
San Diego (he would provide a nice compliment to Tomlinson if they let Sproles go)

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 02-18-2009, 06:40 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by swill43507
I bet all of my lap dance money that Fred Taylor is going to be an Oakland Raider next season!!
Hand it over.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 13

Fred Taylor is a Florida guy. He is a Gator and he has spent his entire career in Jax so far. I wouldnt rule out him playing for any of the Florida teams.

I think some of you are high if you think Arizona is the likely destination after what Arizona is going through with Edge. If youre Arizona and consider Edge to be a disappointment, why would you target Fred Taylor, who has been more injury prone? If I was the GM of Arizona coming off the James contract, theres no way in hell I go near another aging big name RB.

Last edited by yvesdereuter; 02-20-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesdereuter
Fred Taylor is a Florida guy. He is a Gator and he has spent his entire career in Jax so far. I wouldnt rule out him playing for any of the Florida teams.
Oh Yeah??? What about the Jacksonville Jaguars

I think he's too old to be a Parcells kind of guy, and I think the Dolphins would rather move forward with what they have, or get a younger back...

I really don't think Tampa is going to pursue Taylor, especially not until theyy see if they need to spend all their money on Haynesworth first. byy the time he is signed, Taylor may have already moved on.

I think he may wind up in New Orleans.?.?.?...
Old 02-20-2009, 11:20 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmccormi
Oh Yeah??? What about the Jacksonville Jaguars

I think he's too old to be a Parcells kind of guy, and I think the Dolphins would rather move forward with what they have, or get a younger back...

I really don't think Tampa is going to pursue Taylor, especially not until theyy see if they need to spend all their money on Haynesworth first. byy the time he is signed, Taylor may have already moved on.

I think he may wind up in New Orleans.?.?.?...

I think all your kvetching applies to all teams. Utlitmately I think Fred will most likely have to choose between a salary and team he likes unless there is a minimal difference in where he plays.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:23 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
I think all your kvetching applies to all teams. Utlitmately I think Fred will most likely have to choose between a salary and team he likes unless there is a minimal difference in where he plays.
My what applies to all teams???
Old 02-21-2009, 06:31 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmccormi
My what applies to all teams???

What you said about Miami not paying him a lot of money to be a feature back. I dont think any team will do that. Obviously, his salary expectations will have to factor that in. In the end, I doubt he gets this huge contract and will sign with a team as a complimentary back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2009, 09:50 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
What you said about Miami not paying him a lot of money to be a feature back. I dont think any team will do that. Obviously, his salary expectations will have to factor that in. In the end, I doubt he gets this huge contract and will sign with a team as a complimentary back.
I never said anything about Miami paying Taylor a lot of money, I meant that Miami would much rather (IMO) move forward with Ronnie Brown and Rickyy Williams, and wouldn't even need a guyy like Taylor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »