Home

Dallas Cowboys Orlando Skandrick Moving to Free Safety

This is a discussion on Dallas Cowboys Orlando Skandrick Moving to Free Safety within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2009, 11:32 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 35
Dallas Cowboys Orlando Skandrick Moving to Free Safety

Dunno how many cowboys fans are on here or how many even know who Orlando Scandrick is but sense its not on any website, im telling you all here! (or at least i didnt see it 5 mins ago on dallascowboys.com)

But! Orlando Scandrick will move to Free Safety to be "Like Darren Woodson, a Corner Safety type player"

Should be interesting, however with Pacman and Henry gone Cowboys are a little short at Corner with Only Newman and a Unproven Youngin, Jenkins.

What do you do? Draft a corner with the 2nd instead of a, what was thought a Safety.

Or look at the remaining free agents?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2009, 11:37 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: Dallas Cowboys Orlando Skandrick Moving to Free Safety

dang it.... how did i misspell his last name in the thread name....
Old 03-05-2009, 11:47 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Well from watching Orlando play corner this season I feel a bit nervous about this move. He seemed to cover very well for such a young player and I honestly expected him to become one of the top corners the Cowboys have had in a long time. But if he pans out to be a solid Free Safety then I will be a happy man! Oh and his initials are O.S!
Old 03-06-2009, 12:10 AM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

This probably should go into the Dallas Cowboys' team thread.

That said, Scandrick to safety is an interesting move. Presumably this slides Ken Hamlin over to strong safety, which, after the Ravens' game, I don't know if I'm comfortable with.

I did like how he played as a corner this year, though; he did alright for himself.

Presumably, Alan Ball becomes the new nickel back and I guess we draft a dime back. Newman and Jenkins start.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:44 AM   #5
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

Spreads your secondary awful thin to move him to safety after trading Henry. So you're going to be without 2 of your top 4 corners next season just to improve the "range" of the free safety position doesn't make ANY sense to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2009, 05:21 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 32

huh? Have he ever play free safety the defensive qb of your secondary?? Hamlin doesn't tackle well enough to play ss. Then why would we trade Henry? Terrence Newman can't stay on the field for a 16 game season.

Jerry is having money problems with that new staduim and he is cutting corners.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:53 AM   #7
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

Have a hard time buying the "cutting corners" idea if he just cut TO which will count as 9 million against the cap, turned around and signed Brooking, and recently had Igor Olshanky in for a visit... all coupled with contract negotiations currently with Ware that will likely make him the highest paid defender in the league. If he's cutting corners, it has more to do with the salary cap than the stadium.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber
Have a hard time buying the "cutting corners" idea if he just cut TO which will count as 9 million against the cap, turned around and signed Brooking, and recently had Igor Olshanky in for a visit... all coupled with contract negotiations currently with Ware that will likely make him the highest paid defender in the league. If he's cutting corners, it has more to do with the salary cap than the stadium.
none of our free agent siging are big money deals. Since Jerry is the owner of the team and staduim these things are connected.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »