Home

T.O. to Titans?

This is a discussion on T.O. to Titans? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: T.O. to Titans?

Oh, I hope he goes there...
Old 03-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #18
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2810
Speaking of Young, I heard he is gonna try to "steal" the starting job from Kerry.
Id like to know how fisher feels about that. At this point, I cant see young stealing anything unless collins gets hurt and Young blacks out and starts playing lights out for like 3-4 games. Even then, knowing fisher, I could see them going back to collins. In my opinion, best case scenario for young is to play the role, win an oscar and wait it out until Kerry either bombs next season or his contract is up.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:04 AM   #19
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

TO is not going to be a Tennessee Titan.

I'm 99.999999999% sure of that.

Just as long as I'm not putting down any money on it :P

Seriously though, the Titans let perhaps the franchise's best chances of a ring last year slip away with an aging owner in Bud Adams, whose wife died recently. He's let Fisher do his thing 99% of the time (VY has Bud's fingerprints all over him, figuratively speaking), but it hasn't worked so far, and he also just saw his own team fail to resign, and I quote, "the best defensive linemen I have ever had in my 49 years". If there's ever a time Bud flies into Nashville and says "I'd like a ring, please, make it happen, whatever it takes!", it could be when he is reminded of his approaching death, the team fails to go all the way in what seemed like perfect circumstances creating a sense of urgency and a close "window of opportunity" while letting their #1 defender leave, and a player like TO is available. I'm sure he saw how NE tamed Moss, "why can't my savvy coach I pay a crap load for do the same to TO?" he may be thinking.

Just a bit of devil's advocate. I could see Bud pushing for this. It is against the grain for the Titans, but what do they have to show for going with their grain?
Old 03-07-2009, 09:33 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 14

T.O. is a good run blocker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »