Home

Tomlinson agrees to restructured deal with Chargers

This is a discussion on Tomlinson agrees to restructured deal with Chargers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2009, 04:18 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: Tomlinson agrees to restructured deal with Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Emmit monster years came in his first 5 years and it was a slower burn later in his career.
That can be said about any RB pretty much, and he still had a whopping 6400 yds and 40 tds in his 30s.

Last edited by Derrville; 03-18-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 08:08 PM   #42

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

LT i think can beat or get close to emmits record but he's gotta stay healthy and get back into beast mode before that happens but really LT he's my boy n erry thang but he really needs to start sharin carries with darren b/c dats a mini beast dey need to b more like smash and dash(lindale white and chris johnson) unless LT starts runnin his a** off but im glad to see that he's stayin with the chargers regaurdless b/c i mean come on its LT AND HE'S STILL LT just gotta get healthy and stay dat way...also anotha note i hope merriman comes out beastin this yr iv'e missed the merriman shuffle
Old 03-18-2009, 08:13 PM   #43

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
The Chargers can get a quality back in the 2nd round. I am just concern with the foot/toe injury. Just one of those freaky injuries that reoccur pretty often.

i hope we get beanie wells 6'1 247 pounds he prolly aint no brandon jacobs but dats close enough damm it lol plus i heard the chargers were intrested in em as a potential draft pick
Old 03-18-2009, 10:48 PM   #44
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
i hope we get beanie wells 6'1 247 pounds he prolly aint no brandon jacobs but dats close enough damm it lol plus i heard the chargers were intrested in em as a potential draft pick
Chargers don't want a soft, slow RB. Beanie Wells will not be a Charger. They learned that lesson when they blew a 2nd round pick on Jermaine Fazande.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:43 AM   #45
Fear the Friar

chilli311's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
LT i think can beat or get close to emmits record but he's gotta stay healthy and get back into beast mode before that happens but really LT he's my boy n erry thang but he really needs to start sharin carries with darren b/c dats a mini beast dey need to b more like smash and dash(lindale white and chris johnson) unless LT starts runnin his a** off but im glad to see that he's stayin with the chargers regaurdless b/c i mean come on its LT AND HE'S STILL LT just gotta get healthy and stay dat way...also anotha note i hope merriman comes out beastin this yr iv'e missed the merriman shuffle
I love the optimism, but I highly doubt LT will be playing that long. Didn't he already say that he has no intentions of signing a new contract when his current contract is up? Unless he averages almost 2200 yards per season, he's not taking the record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Chargers don't want a soft, slow RB. Beanie Wells will not be a Charger. They learned that lesson when they blew a 2nd round pick on Jermaine Fazande.
Agreed. Why does everyone think the Chargers are going to go for a RB in the first round when we're already shelling out $13.5 million to LT and Sproles alone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 12:46 AM   #46
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli311
I love the optimism, but I highly doubt LT will be playing that long. Didn't he already say that he has no intentions of signing a new contract when his current contract is up? Unless he averages almost 2200 yards per season, he's not taking the record.

Agreed. Why does everyone think the Chargers are going to go for a RB in the first round when we're already shelling out $13.5 million to LT and Sproles alone?
I still think they might, if the right player is there. Possibly Moreno out of UGA.

The only real glaring needs they have are RT, S, and ILB. Not sure they are going to get good value at any of those spots where they are picking.

I think trading down, ala 2003, is the most likely activity by the Chargers.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:16 AM   #47
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli311

The line of thought regarding Sproles is that the Chargers want to sign him to a long term contract that will come in the form of a large chunk of the money as a guaranteed bonus up front and spread the rest of it out over the next few years to reduce the cap hit.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:17 AM   #48

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
yeah i know he prolly wont beat it fa real but think about if LT became the old LT B/C HE DIDNT REALLI TAKE AS MANY SNAPS THIS YR B/C THE CHARGERS BECAME A PASS BEFORE RUN TEAM he can get close i think like you say LT wont be playin fa much longer and darren could be a startin running back i think just as long as they had sum one to take the load of sumtimes and he's not that slow he actually had a pretty gudd 40 time at the combine for a big back but i dont watch college ball and matt forte had a gudd yr and he's 6'2 216 pounds he's only 30 35 pounds away even jerome bennis had sum pull away speed on em wen he got into a open field and he looked like a lineman but he was a beast doe so im not comparing the 2 and he's way bigger think about it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »