Home

Tomlinson agrees to restructured deal with Chargers

This is a discussion on Tomlinson agrees to restructured deal with Chargers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2009, 02:48 AM   #49

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Tomlinson agrees to restructured deal with Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Chargers don't want a soft, slow RB. Beanie Wells will not be a Charger. They learned that lesson when they blew a 2nd round pick on Jermaine Fazande.

i just watched beanie wells highlights on youtube u should check it out it mite change ya mind and that boy is anything but soft he is laying people out with his shoulder and he stiff arms like crazy and he is not slow at all he has very gudd turning the corner speed he doesn't have that top end speed i dont think but once he's ahead he's very hard to catch from behind but the only way ur getting him down it betta be more than one person let me tell dat boi dont play he's got a very gudd highlight reel and he's got a pretty gudd elusivness on him to there was one play it was similar to the famous 2 yard run highlight by marion barber but he gained yards after he was hit twice n turned up the field with gudd speed of course barbers highlight is betta im juss sayin its similar check it out n think about that b/c slow and soft he is not
Old 03-19-2009, 02:57 AM   #50
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
i just watched beanie wells highlights on youtube u should check it out it mite change ya mind and that boy is anything but soft he is laying people out with his shoulder and he stiff arms like crazy and he is not slow at all he has very gudd turning the corner speed he doesn't have that top end speed i dont think but once he's ahead he's very hard to catch from behind but the only way ur getting him down it betta be more than one person let me tell dat boi dont play he's got a very gudd highlight reel and he's got a pretty gudd elusivness on him to there was one play it was similar to the famous 2 yard run highlight by marion barber but he gained yards after he was hit twice n turned up the field with gudd speed of course barbers highlight is betta im juss sayin its similar check it out n think about that b/c slow and soft he is not

Chris Wells is made of glass. Think he'll have a better time of it going against NFL players?
Old 03-19-2009, 03:54 AM   #51
Fear the Friar

chilli311's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
yeah i know he prolly wont beat it fa real but think about if LT became the old LT B/C HE DIDNT REALLI TAKE AS MANY SNAPS THIS YR B/C THE CHARGERS BECAME A PASS BEFORE RUN TEAM he can get close i think like you say LT wont be playin fa much longer and darren could be a startin running back i think just as long as they had sum one to take the load of sumtimes and he's not that slow he actually had a pretty gudd 40 time at the combine for a big back but i dont watch college ball and matt forte had a gudd yr and he's 6'2 216 pounds he's only 30 35 pounds away even jerome bennis had sum pull away speed on em wen he got into a open field and he looked like a lineman but he was a beast doe so im not comparing the 2 and he's way bigger think about it
Just curious... Have you ever heard of punctuation? It really helps.

As for LT, like I said, even if he becomes the LT of before, what makes you think the Chargers are going to go back to a run first offense? Norv has always been a passing guy, and Rivers has shown that he's capable of performing. LT would need at least 5 more seasons of great football to be within reach of Emmitt's record. I don't think he has that much left in him, and like I said before, when he signed his 6 year contract a few years ago, he said that he would be done after that. He wants to go out before people consider him washed up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 05:06 AM   #52

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli311

my im new at this forum stuff its my second day As for LT, like I said, even if he becomes the LT of before, what makes you think the Chargers are going to go back to a run first offense? Norv has always been a passing guy, and Rivers has shown that he's capable of performing. LT would need at least 5 more seasons of great football to be within reach of Emmitt's record. I don't think he has that much left in him, and like I said before, when he signed his 6 year contract a few years ago, he said that he would be done after that. He wants to go out before people consider him washed up.
my bad im new at this forum stuff its my second day...LT had like 1,110 rushing yards last yr or sumthin like that last season with them being a passing team before the run and he wasn't to productive now if he became the beast or sum of the beast to get that lil kick he needs he can be very productive. he once was averaging 1,800 yards or close to that per season give or take a couple hundred yard or 2 in between different seasons. he's staying for 3 seasons b/c thats how long his contract is i believe, and if he produces stays healthy he may do what jerrome bennis did and come back for one more season afta he's supposed to retire just to try and break the record if he gets close or makes it reachable and i know he wants a ring bad but i hope it doesn't take 3 seasons to do dat b/c im tired of them gettin so close to the big show and gettin shown up dats happened 3 seasons n a row and how they made it with that record this season is beyond me but thats y im a fan have been for a while. this is how close he could be 1,800x3seasons=5,400 roughly if he gets close each year he has 11,760 rushing yards i believe, now emmit has 18,355 yards 11,760+5,400=17,160 dats pretty close thats all im sayin now i know he prolly wont gain all these yards but the old LT doesn't need very many carries to bust the big one and im just goin by average rushing stats of his entire career think about it

Last edited by SouthernBrick; 03-19-2009 at 05:20 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:12 AM   #53
Fear the Friar

chilli311's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
LT had like 1,110 rushing yards last yr or sumthin like that last season with them being a passing team before the run now if he became the beast he once was averaging 1,800 yards or close to that per season at least for 3 seasons b/c thats how long his contract is i believe and he produces stays healthy he may do what jerrome bennis did and come back for one more season just to try and break the record and i know he wants a ring bad. 1,800x3=5,400 he has 11,760 rushing yards now emmit has 18,355 yards 11,760+5,400=17,160 dats pretty close thats all im sayin now i know he prolly wont gain all these yards but the old LT doesn't need very many carries to bust the big one and im just goin by average rushing stats of his entire career think about it
Averaging 1800 per season? He's only had one season over 1800. Prior to this past season, he was averaging just over 1500 yards per season. If he could go back to that, it would still take him over 4 more seasons of consistently putting up 1500 yards. Not even Emmitt was able to do that.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:38 AM   #54

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:

As for LT, like I said, even if he becomes the LT of before, what makes you think the Chargers are going to go back to a run first offense? Norv has always been a passing guy, and Rivers has shown that he's capable of performing. LT would need at least 5 more seasons of great football to be within reach of Emmitt's record. I don't think he has that much left in him, and like I said before, when he signed his 6 year contract a few years ago, he said that he would be done after that. He wants to go out before people consider him washed up.
also on anotha note say he got 1,110 yards per season thats his worst and lowest rushing season of his entire career and he's been hurt u can tell wen u watch him play so 1,110x3=3,300 so 11,760+3,330=15,090 and this is for 3 seasons so he can close the gap very quickly if he stays healthy and productive and that for LT wasn't considered a productive yr so lets say the season he's supposed to retire he wants to close the gap at least b/c 15,000 yards doesn't seem that far from 18,000 or sumthin b/c like i said the before jerome bennis great running back was supposed to retire but didnt the yr the steelers won the superbowl and burger was a rookie that yr but over all my point is that he can close the gap and he would end his career being the 4th ranked overall in rushing just behind barry sanders and 1 rank over the big jerome bettis think about it
Old 03-19-2009, 05:41 AM   #55

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:
Averaging 1800 per season? He's only had one season over 1800. Prior to this past season, he was averaging just over 1500 yards per season. If he could go back to that, it would still take him over 4 more seasons of consistently putting up 1500 yards. Not even Emmitt was able to do that.
i edited my last post i said give or take a couple hundred yards and i know there's no giving a couple hundred its just how its said
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 05:47 AM   #56

SouthernBrick's Arena

are u talkin about beating the record???? b/c im not talkin about that im just talkin about closing the gap stats wise not completly beating the record i think he can at least at the end of his career be 4th overall in rushing but i want him to get a ring more than breaking sum record b/c thats hard on a athlete of the nfl to go without having at least one come on at least 5th overall have sum faith man i know ur being relistic but im being realistic to but u gotta believe sumtimes if the giants can beat the patriots at the superbowl then LT can end his career on a gudd note

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »