Home

Donte Stallworth detained in Florida

This is a discussion on Donte Stallworth detained in Florida within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #73
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Donte Stallworth detained in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Diesel

Its sad to admit this but in college if I was out drinking a lot the night before, chances are that morning when I was driving home I would have been close to the legal limit.
everyone is different obviously, but the average liver filters out alcohol at a rate of .015/hour. Therefore, a level of .12 will take 8 hours to filter out.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:14 PM   #74
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

does anyone know much about the details of the incident? i remember someone saying the guy was trying to cross a very busy multi-lane road...

Stallworth will likely get convicted, but what are the chances this guy would have been hit anyway?
Old 03-19-2009, 10:30 PM   #75
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
does anyone know much about the details of the incident? i remember someone saying the guy was trying to cross a very busy multi-lane road...

Stallworth will likely get convicted, but what are the chances this guy would have been hit anyway?
Doesn't really matter, dude ran him over while he was drunk. He should be in jail for a long time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #76
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
Prison
Which would probably be the most agonizing for them, but I'd rather just get it over with w/ them too...using your same approach to drunk drivers convicted of murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
My bad, I didn't mean to make it seem like I disagree with you. I thought you were saying Little was free like he never did any time so Stallworth might get off. 90 days was a joke... my point was relative to Little, Stallworth might get a joke of a sentence compared to me or you, but it won't be anywhere close to 90 days either. Times have changed and the drinking and driving laws have gotten much more strict. Stallworth is going to do some serious time, imo. He won't get 15 years but 2 or more wouldn't shock me. Still not as harsh as it should be, but that's around where I think it'll be.
No harm no foul, I just wanted to clarify what I meant from my original post...that's all.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:04 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Which would probably be the most agonizing for them, but I'd rather just get it over with w/ them too...using your same approach to drunk drivers convicted of murder.
My big difference between the two is, barring a massive conspiracy, it's really impossible to be wrongfully convicted of drunk driving. Not a week goes by that there aren't 2 or 3 stories on CNN about someone being released from prison after 20 years on bad DNA evidence or a victim/witness going back on the story.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:01 PM   #78
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Doesn't really matter, dude ran him over while he was drunk. He should be in jail for a long time.

Oh it does matter a whole hell of a lot. He was driving drunk and killed someone so he should go away a while, but how long should be somewhat determined by the situation.

If it was a two lane road with 25 mph speed limit with the ped. in a crosswalk should differ if he was crossing a 6 lane highway without a crosswalk(as suggested by some other poster.) In the one case the pedestrian was also in the wrong and he should only get 2yrs. If the pedestrian was entirely in the right, he should get a lot more.

Bottom line is was the guy hit because stallworth was drunk, or was he going to be hit anyway. The only difference should be the severity of the punishment.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #79
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
Oh it does matter a whole hell of a lot. He was driving drunk and killed someone so he should go away a while, but how long should be somewhat determined by the situation.

If it was a two lane road with 25 mph speed limit with the ped. in a crosswalk should differ if he was crossing a 6 lane highway without a crosswalk(as suggested by some other poster.) In the one case the pedestrian was also in the wrong and he should only get 2yrs. If the pedestrian was entirely in the right, he should get a lot more.

Bottom line is was the guy hit because stallworth was drunk, or was he going to be hit anyway. The only difference should be the severity of the punishment.
So you think that the dude was trying to cross the street like Frogger?

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:12 PM   #80
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
So you think that the dude was trying to cross the street like Frogger?

LOL! Hilarious!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »