Home

Donte Stallworth detained in Florida

This is a discussion on Donte Stallworth detained in Florida within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2009, 06:35 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Donte Stallworth detained in Florida

Some of you guys are overreacting way too much. It was just an accident. Unfortunately, this accident led to a death of an innocent 49 year old man. He wasn't drunk or intoxicated. The article I read from Yahoo! says that police tested him for alcohol or drugs and it doesn't sound like he was drunk. Not to mention, Stallworth was cooperating with police and NO CHARGES HAVE BEEN FILED. It sounds completely innocent right now. Sounds like an accident to me.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2009, 07:09 PM   #26
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Some of you guys are overreacting way too much. It was just an accident. Unfortunately, this accident led to a death of an innocent 49 year old man. He wasn't drunk or intoxicated. The article I read from Yahoo! says that police tested him for alcohol or drugs and it doesn't sound like he was drunk. Not to mention, Stallworth was cooperating with police and NO CHARGES HAVE BEEN FILED. It sounds completely innocent right now. Sounds like an accident to me.

I would bet your right
Old 03-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #27
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
PROSECUTORS POISED TO CHARGE STALLWORTH WITH DUI

Posted by Mike Florio on March 14, 2009, 6:47 p.m. EDT

As authorities in South Florida wait for the results of a blood draw performed on Browns receiver Donte’ Stallworth, a source with knowledge of the investigation tells us that prosecutors are preparing an indictment for DUI manslaughter, under the assumption that the results will show that Stallworth’s blood alcohol content exceeded the legal limit of 0.08 percent when he collided with a pedestrian, who later died.

Per the source, Stallworth admitted to drinking at least four Patrons and two Margaritas. A separate source called that information “basically right,” but added that Stallworth contends he had his last drink at midnight. The incident occurred after 7:00 a.m. local time.

We’re also told that Stallworth claimed in his statement to police that he saw the man crossing the street from a distance, and flashed the high beams and honked the horn of the Bentley he was driving. Apparently, there’s an issue as to whether Stallworth could have taken evasive action because of a barrier along the median.

We’re told that Stallworth is badly shaken by the news that the pedestrian had died.

And, frankly, he should be. Apart from the fact that he was involved in an accident that claimed a man’s life, Stallworth could be facing serious criminal liability, if the pending test reveals an impermissibly high concentration of alcohol in his blood.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...orth-with-dui/
Old 03-14-2009, 07:29 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 29

Well, there ya go. The people calling for blood will have a hay-day with this.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:46 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis

....or not.

I guess he was drinking....you idiot Stallworth.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 03-14-2009, 08:49 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 47

I am all for giving the guy the benefit of the doubt, but I mean seriously can you really hit a guy walking in a cross walk? I have had many opportunity to hit someone, but I always stop or avoid them. So I would have to say if someone hits a person walking. There is a good chance they are under the influence of something.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I am all for giving the guy the benefit of the doubt, but I mean seriously can you really hit a guy walking in a cross walk? I have had many opportunity to hit someone, but I always stop or avoid them. So I would have to say if someone hits a person walking. There is a good chance they are under the influence of something.
I've nearly been hit by cars twice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2009, 10:28 PM   #32
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Goodbye Stallworth.

Urban Meyer is lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »