Home

Cutler to the Texans (RUMOR)

This is a discussion on Cutler to the Texans (RUMOR) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 07:38 AM   #17
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Cutler to the Texans (RUMOR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
This is hilarious. Anyone who's favorite team doesn't have a QB named Manning or Brady is conjuring up scenarios in which they can acquire Cutler. It's just like in the offseason where fans of every team with a losing record think Bill Cowher is coming to coach their team next season.
To be fair, ESPN conjured up both Cowher and Cutler to Cleveland.

There is about the same chance of either of those happening: -50%

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:38 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
This is hilarious. Anyone who's favorite team doesn't have a QB named Manning or Brady is conjuring up scenarios in which they can acquire Cutler. It's just like in the offseason where fans of every team with a losing record think Bill Cowher is coming to coach their team next season.
This is because they have brainiacs like Mel Kiper and John Clayton always talking like they know something.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
This is because they have brainiacs like Mel Kiper and John Clayton always talking like they know something.
Not to correct a Dook fan (okay, I like correcting Dook fans), but Mel Kiper doesn't really do much reporting on current NFL issues. He's the draft guy. The other culprit of ESPN's seemingly endless stream of WRONG NFL stories is Chris Mortensen.

In my opinion, and this doesn't have much at all to do with this thread, but Adam Scheffler of NFL Network and Jay Glazer of Fox Sports are the top dogs when it comes to NFL reporting these days. Clayton and Mort are from a day gone by.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:55 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 32

The move makes sense because of the Broncos connection but more compensation for Cutler.

Last edited by grunt; 03-17-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:31 AM   #21
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Injury concerns about Schaub notwithstanding, I don't see why the Texans trading away Schaub and a draft choice for Cutler makes sense. For one, Schaub's got too much money tied up in his contract to justify the salary cap implications of the trade, but also I don't think that Cutler is worth that much; to this point he's a young quarterback with loads of potential and a losing record to his name (and he's apparently a whiner and primadonna to boot). He's not THAT much better than Schaub to justify this trade, IMO (though given Schaub's collegiate ties, I fully admit my bias).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2009, 10:32 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Not to correct a Dook fan (okay, I like correcting Dook fans), but Mel Kiper doesn't really do much reporting on current NFL issues. He's the draft guy. The other culprit of ESPN's seemingly endless stream of WRONG NFL stories is Chris Mortensen.

In my opinion, and this doesn't have much at all to do with this thread, but Adam Scheffler of NFL Network and Jay Glazer of Fox Sports are the top dogs when it comes to NFL reporting these days. Clayton and Mort are from a day gone by.
Yeah, you can keep adding to the list... I was just trying to point out the lacking of real world football intelligence either of my examples possessed. Mortenson is yet another example of BSPN.

As far as DUKE goes - we will see you in the Final Four... Third time is the charm!
Old 03-17-2009, 10:51 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 6

if that deal went down the broncos are stupid a 3rd in 2010 why not 09 lol how dumb
Old 03-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #24
T*g*r's Sw*ng - M*ck*ls*n's M*n B**bs

injunwal's Arena

OVR: 18

I was listening to NFL radio yesterday and a fan called in with this in a hypothetical way as they were talking calls on the Cutler situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »