Home

East coast bias at NFL HQ in NYC?

This is a discussion on East coast bias at NFL HQ in NYC? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2009, 08:07 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 13
East coast bias at NFL HQ in NYC?

OK, its pretty commonly known for a while that teams from the west that go east, often struggle more than teams from the east that go west. Yet, Roger Goodell wants to limit the number of times teams from the east have to play in the west. When he was asked if any reciprocal consideration was given to teams from the west, he actually said theres no evidence to suggest they are at a disadvantage. Good grief. What a bold-faced lie.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/10/23/a...y-travel-east/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...-on-east-coast

WTH???!!!

And again, this goes back several years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 09:13 PM   #2
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: East coast bias at NFL HQ in NYC?

Obviously he's lying when really he could've told the truth. The way the NFL does their scheduling is that they stagger most of the weekend games at 1 PM and reserve the 4 PM slots for marquee matchup and/or a couple dog games that no one cares about. More people watch the 4 PM so they try to tailor it for the best matchups or matchups involving the more popular fanbases in the league.

I don't think being that direct would work well so he had to go and lie about it.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-27-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 42

Or maybe he was just ignoring the statistics and was saying there was no evidence of WHY it happens.

The obvious reason is the time zones but didn't a few teams come in to town early or stay on that coast for the week and the higher loss rate still held?
Old 03-27-2009, 09:21 PM   #4
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaduck
The obvious reason is the time zones but didn't a few teams come in to town early or stay on that coast for the week and the higher loss rate still held?
Yeah the Cards had back to back East Coast games so instead of flying back to Arizona they stuck around somewhere on the East Coast and played the Jets the next week.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 42

This reminds me of when I was a wee lad and the big stat was teams winning more games in their "white" jerseys than their away colors so teams started wearing the whites at home.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2009, 04:41 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

I laughed my butt off when I read about this very same thing in the charger.com forum.

All they want to do is make it so when teams play the AFC West they don't have two teams having to go to SD/Oak while the other two just have to go to KC/Den. I don't understand the big deal. It's just whining for the sake of whining.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »