Home

Big Ben > Peyton Manning

This is a discussion on Big Ben > Peyton Manning within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Big Ben > Peyton Manning

Ben performed historically lousy in his first Super Bowl victory, while performing better in his second appereance in route to the Super Bowl MVP snub. Peyton Manning is much more than Dan Marino was, despite early comparisions. Manning surpassed Every QB except for Brady, Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman, Young, Elway.

Manning is top 7 of all time.

Big is top 25, maybe 20. And to be honest with you he has a chance to drop to top 30 depending on the rest of his career. I could not possibly imagine he will had to his ring collection again, I just dont think it's in the "Cards" or rather it wont be up to the Cards. It will be up to the Patriots, The Jets, The Ravens, The Colts, The Chargers,, and so on.

The big point on big ben is his statistics in these super bowl victories have been sub-par to say the least. In saying that it comes back to the old "Defense wins Championships" montra. Read it and weap,

Manning's Career Resume- 94 QB Rate, 333 Tds, 165 Ints, 64% completions.

Roethlisberger's Career Resume- 89 QB Rate, 101 Tds, 69 Ints, 62% completions.

Those teams Manning inherited in his rookie season was horrid. A true rebuilding of a Franchise is tagged to this man. Can you say that about Ben Roethlisberger?

You can about Elway, Montana, Brady, Manning,

Ben is a winner but lets not confuse Phil Simms for Dan Marino (minus the playoff crumbles).

Roethlisberger< Manning

The only fool is you my good man. For you have made the worst joke of the day.

Last edited by TheMonopoly; 04-01-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #18
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
sorry dawg, just wasn't really funny.

Word.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 04-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing
One guy in the whole thread realizes it was an April Fools joke. Come on people, no one is stupid enough to believe what I originally posted. Of course it was a joke.
How is that an April Fool's joke? To be honest, that's a pretty dumb AF joke.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 04-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMonopoly
I could not possibly imagine he will had to his ring collection again, I just dont think it's in the "Cards" or rather it wont be up to the Cards. It will be up to the Patriots, The Jets, The Ravens, The Colts, The Chargers,, and so on.
I beg to differ. If I were a gambling man, I'd feel pretty good that Ben will win another Super Bowl. The Steelers aren't a flash in the pan type of team and never will be with the Rooney's in charge. They're playoff contenders if not Super Bowl contenders nearly every year. So chances are they'll win another during Ben's reign as QB (not to mention they have a nice nucleus on the team).

With that said, I'm sure this thread is a joke. I'm a huge Steelers fan and a fan of Big Ben, but Peyton is the better QB. If you want to talk about better QB for a system, that might be a different story, but overall Peyton is the better QB.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #21
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Gonna lock this....it wasn't too funny and it won't garner any real legitimate conversation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMonopoly
Ben performed historically lousy in his first Super Bowl victory, while performing better in his second appereance in route to the Super Bowl MVP snub. Peyton Manning is much more than Dan Marino was, despite early comparisions. Manning surpassed Every QB except for Brady, Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman, Young, Elway.

Manning is top 7 of all time.

Big is top 25, maybe 20. And to be honest with you he has a chance to drop to top 30 depending on the rest of his career. I could not possibly imagine he will had to his ring collection again, I just dont think it's in the "Cards" or rather it wont be up to the Cards. It will be up to the Patriots, The Jets, The Ravens, The Colts, The Chargers,, and so on.

The big point on big ben is his statistics in these super bowl victories have been sub-par to say the least. In saying that it comes back to the old "Defense wins Championships" montra. Read it and weap,

Manning's Career Resume- 94 QB Rate, 333 Tds, 165 Ints, 64% completions.

Roethlisberger's Career Resume- 89 QB Rate, 101 Tds, 69 Ints, 62% completions.

Those teams Manning inherited in his rookie season was horrid. A true rebuilding of a Franchise is tagged to this man. Can you say that about Ben Roethlisberger?

You can about Elway, Montana, Brady, Manning,

Ben is a winner but lets not confuse Phil Simms for Dan Marino (minus the playoff crumbles).

Roethlisberger< Manning

The only fool is you my good man. For you have made the worst joke of the day.
Nobody anyone agreed with what he said. He didn't even agree with what he said. Thanks for the writeup.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »