Home

Top 10 Quarterbacks in the League.

This is a discussion on Top 10 Quarterbacks in the League. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2009, 12:07 PM   #49
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Top 10 Quarterbacks in the League.

Yea I love Rodgers and I am appreciative of the fact that he is our QB but I wouldn't put him in the same ballpark as Rivers yet and the reason why is because Rivers has proven he can carry a team on his back and proven he can shoulder the load on a consistent basis while Rodgers has only done it for one year.

For all we know, Rodgers could be just a flash in a pan(i think that's the expression lol)but I would let him get at least another season under his belt before I set anything in stone for him.

Rivers, IMO is a top 5 QB while Rodgers is somewhere between Top 10-12 for me but if he can replicate his performance last year then he'll definitely be a top 10 QB in no time.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:19 PM   #50
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
Not trying to single you out because this seems to be a trend with a lot of these lists, but I wonder what more Brees has to do to be considered "top tier"?
To a lot of people, win a super bowl.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:27 PM   #51
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
To a lot of people, win a super bowl.
I suppose that's why Dan Marino or John Elway (up until the latter part of his career) weren't considered elite QB's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #52
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I suppose that's why Dan Marino or John Elway (up until the latter part of his career) weren't considered elite QB's.
It looks like most people have him at the top of the 2nd tier which is right on. I take it, you think is equal to Manning, Brady then?
Old 04-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #53
Rookie

ChiSox05's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Not trying to single you out because this seems to be a trend with a lot of these lists, but I wonder what more Brees has to do to be considered "top tier"?
Thinking about it he realy isnt far off and should probably be in the top tier. But the thing in he just hasnt won like the other two, I know this isnt exactly fair because he hasnt had that type of talent around him, but winning is a big part of being a QB IMO.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #54
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Top 10 Quarterbacks in the Lea

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
Wow, went back and saw my Cutler-Rodgers comparison disapeared. Both led led high powered offenses with no defense. Rodgers had more td's and less interceptions than Cutler, better int%, better td%, better td/int ratio while passing over 4,000 yds in his first season starting. That was with McCarthy being conservative with him and not fully letting him off his leash. Look at the jump Cutler had from his first season starting to his second. Experience makes you better. I expect Rodgers will be even better this year. The stats alone put him in the same ballpark as Cutler(as well as Rivers).

The leadership intangables put him over the top of Cutler. Cutler has proven his immaturity at this point. If you need more on this, check out the Cutler post. Rodgers handled a situation of being stuck behind B.F. and the media critisism last year with class and dignity. He then went out on the field and took control of the team. One year after brett and there is no shadow of Favre lingering over that position in GB. They are still talking about it in Denver and Miami(I think Pennington is fixing this finally, but it has been a LONG time.)

As far as Rivers goes, there is a group of qbs that are all lumped very close togather. I did show how the numbers puts Rodgers in the ballpark of Rivers. Rivers had a better line and much better running game to help him as well. It came down to personal preference as I said. There is something about A-Rod beyond the #'s that he is progressing into a top 5 or 6 qb in the future and we will see more progression this year. Most people didn't watch all his games last year. They saw highlights and statistics. I saw more.
So to get this straight. Rodgers over Cutler based on his intangibles? And Rodgers over Rivers based on the fact for one season he put up close to the same numbers as Rivers?

I can see the Intangibles thing to a point. But I am still trying to figure out what Rodgers does better than Rivers.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:49 PM   #55
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
It looks like most people have him at the top of the 2nd tier which is right on. I take it, you think is equal to Manning, Brady then?
As a pure passer? I do. There's nothing from a football standpoint Brady can do Manning can't.

I have Brady over Manning, but imo it could go either way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #56
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

hmm.... what happened to all the people saying warner was better than manning? ...guess that was just a pre-superbowl fad

I agree with a lot of the lists though, and I think Brees is up there w/ manning and brady, and to a certain degree roth is too. And I also think Cutler is top 10, watching him play his ability is flat out impressive (even though I kind of hate his face). Mcnabb has to be there too imo, the guy's a very good qb.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »