Home

Teams that are due for logo changes...

This is a discussion on Teams that are due for logo changes... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #73
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Teams that are due for logo changes...

And not to mention without the late Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt (AFC Champions Trophy bears his name for **** sakes) the NFL would not exist in its current form. He was a visionary who helped create the AFL and subsequently merged with the NFL to create the league we know today. He even came up with the term "Super Bowl".

BTW regarding the Op's comment stating the Chiefs have been irrelevent for the last 15 years or so I have to respectfully disagree.

Here is some fairly recent Chiefs history cut and pasted:

"Schottenheimer led the team to six straight playoff appearances, three AFC West championships, nine winning seasons, and 76 consecutive soldout games at Arrowhead in the 1990s. Schottenheimer's impressive 101-58-1 regular season record (.634) made the Chiefs the winningest team of the 1990s. The Chiefs lost the AFC Championship 30-13 to former coach Marv Levy and the Buffalo Bills."

I don't know to blame ESPN for their east coast biased for peoples lack of knowledge regarding everything sports related pertaining to the Midwest.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:44 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxplosive1984
I believe that it's time for the Chiefs to change it up. The "KC Arrow" is just archaic.

They have a up and coming team (New QB, great WR (Bowe) and a nice young core on D)

Some older logos have history and IMO shouldn't be changed (Cowboys, Steelers, Bears, Packers).

even if they change logo- ever- it better be similiar . and I dont want the Cheifs to give in to those ignorant small interest controll freak groups that want to get rid of indian team names. that Cheifs logo is about as American as it gets
Old 04-06-2009, 10:25 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 11

I'd like to see this on the Vikings helmet instead of the horns....
Attached Images
File Type: gif vikings_logo_small.gif (7.9 KB, 70 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 10:48 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 39

The Browns & Panthers could use an updated logo. Seahawks should go to the silver helmet again.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:49 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Hogwash, the KC logo is one of the best in the league.
Agreed...

The Browns could use to go retro -

Old 04-06-2009, 11:12 PM   #78
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxplosive1984
Technically, they have changed. Now they have the "NY" on their helmets instead of "GIANTS". The NY is simple, but nice.

Should be NJ though.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:38 AM   #79
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonmartin
I'm an AFC West Die Hard.

The Raiders, Chargers and Chiefs should never change their logos. They're perfect the way they are.

I was bummed when Denver switched it up so much. (though I don't mind the new look) Their old logo with the Bronco shooting lazer beams out it's nose was SICK!

Old School SF ...by a LOT

Agreed on all points (including the old school SF).

I didn't really dislike the Chargers unis but I especially like the new ones. Sort of a combination of the new and old.

And I'm biased, but I don't ever want the Raiders to change unis. Like the Yankees, they are timeless.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:10 AM   #80
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I think the best logos are the stamp style logos, or the ones that look like icons - Cowboys, Colts, Steelers, 49ers, Saints. Ones with human qualities are alright, like the Redskins, Pats and Buccs, but not amongst my favorites. The reason I like icon like logos is because they are, well, iconic - they're unmistakable symbols of a team. The Oilers used to be such an icon. The Titans logo is too - it's a symbol, and completely unmistakable to which team it belongs to - but probably a little too busy and detailed to be bunched with the aforementioned. I like it though for a modern symbol style logo.

Logos based on animals or the shape of an animal, eh, not so much a fan of. They seem a little unimaginative to me. Almost always too detailed. Not really all that unique at all and very hard to be iconic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »