Home

Best Division in the NFL

This is a discussion on Best Division in the NFL within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What has been the best divison of all time
NFC North 5 7.58%
NFC South 8 12.12%
NFC East 31 46.97%
NFC West 2 3.03%
AFC North 6 9.09%
AFC South 5 7.58%
AFC East 7 10.61%
AFC West 2 3.03%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2009, 03:41 PM   #1
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28
Best Division in the NFL

At the start of last season, the general thought was the nfc east was the best division in football. I thought it was a local thought(i live near dc) but i kept seeing them say it on nfl network.

So i started to think about it. The Redskins have 3 super bowls and 5 visits. The Cowboys have 5 rings and 8 visits. The Giants have 3 rings and i dont know how many times they went. The Eagles have their 2 trips(Edit). So 11 rings in one division. That means the nfc east has won 1/4 of the super bowls.

So now i wanted to figure out which really has been the best division in football. I kinda want to list down how many wins vs visits. And how the division as a whole is.

I figured it would be more fun to have a thread and talk then to just google till i got my answer.

So does anyone have good reason why the nfc east isnt the best. And which division do you think is better and why?

Edit: also dont forget that not everyone knows teams that have changed divisions. Like the Cards used to be in the NFC East. They didnt win on there so if they win one now they will go under their NFC West division.

Last edited by sb24; 04-09-2009 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Correct info
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Best Division in the NFL

The homer in me says the NFC East. The realist in me thinks it's probably the AFC North. If there was one team that could consistently challenge New England (and the loser of the AFC North for the wildcard) I would throw the AFC East into the conversation also. IMO.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 04-08-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

It's kind of hard to look at it over time like you're asking here bc the divisions have been chopped up.

If we're talking today, I'd go with either the NFC East or the AFC East (lets see if TO can take the title to the AFC with him).
Old 04-08-2009, 05:47 PM   #4
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Is the OP talking about which division is the best historically or currently? That'll help answering this question a little bit easier for me.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:12 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 55

The NFC East and it's not even close.

PS - these divisions have only existed since the 2002 season, so it's kind of weird already talking about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

I'm confused...are we supposed to say which is the best all time from a team perspective or when THESE divisions were created.

If we are going from Team...it's going to be pretty hard to top the AFC North. If we are going by the new divisions, it's the NFC East.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:21 PM   #7
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm going to say recently.

I voted for the NFC East.

I think we can throw out the AFC West, NFC West, and NFC North right off the bat.

That leaves the AFC South, AFC North, AFC East, NFC East, and NFC South.

Before last year, I would've said the AFC South was probably the best top to bottom. Colts are always there, Tennesse and Jacksonville made the playoffs, and Houston was on the rise (as usual). But this past season... they fell off.

NFC South always seems to be competitive but they always seem to battle each other and are more usually pretty average. When has a favorite emerged from the NFC South?

The AFC North is very good at the top with Baltimore and Pittsburgh. But Cleveland and Cincinnati bring it wayyyy down.

Finally, the AFC East. It was good last year, but take a look before then. It was the Patriots and everyone else. I don't think the Dolphins, Jets, and Bills compare to the depth other divisions have.

So that leaves us with the NFC East. The Eagles are always on top, the Giants just won a Super Bowl and had a good regular season, Dallas is usually overrated but still a pretty good team, and then Washington who is good but probably the weakest of the bunch.

It really just comes down to depth. The NFC East's worst team is probably a middle of the pack team. They don't have a perrenial cellar dweller like most divisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 04-08-2009, 06:25 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 19

NFC East

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »