Home

More Browns Rumors - Quinn and Edwards In Separate Deals

This is a discussion on More Browns Rumors - Quinn and Edwards In Separate Deals within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2009, 11:34 PM   #73
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: More Browns Rumors - Quinn and Edwards In Separate Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Link

Browns Looking To Make A Splash?

The Cleveland Browns have been engaging in talks to trade quarterback Brady Quinn and wide receiver Braylon Edwards, according to our own Michael Lombardi of the National Football Post.

Lombardi reports he is hearing from multiple league sources that the Browns have a first round pick on the table for Quinn, but may be looking for more. Two teams are currently interested in Quinn’s services.
In addition, Lombardi is hearing that the Browns have a first round pick on the table for wide receiver Braylon Edwards and will most likely trade him before the start of next season.
One other note: Lombardi is hearing the Browns are very interested in Texas Tech wide receiver Michael Crabtree.
It just kind of makes me wonder why the browns didn't get in on the cutler trade?

They could have gotten that first rounder we wasted to get ahead in the second round.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 04-26-2009, 06:38 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbraun
It just kind of makes me wonder why the browns didn't get in on the cutler trade?

They could have gotten that first rounder we wasted to get ahead in the second round.
Clearly, the Browns had no interest in more than one first round pick. Alex Mack will be a tough one to grade until halfway through the season when looking at how many QB sacks we give up.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #75
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Edwards prefers to remain with Browns
ESPN.com news services
May 22, 2009
Comment on this story
Against the fitting backdrop of a voluntary minicamp, Cleveland Browns receiver Braylon Edwards says he wants to remain a Brown and hopefully make up for a forgettable 2008 season.

The Browns spent time leading up to the April draft in trade discussions with the New York Giants, who were interested in acquiring Edwards to replace jettisoned star Plaxico Burress.

Edwards, who is entering the final year of his contract, said Thursday that reports of the teams' talks did not bother him.

"I didn't get excited [about the rumors]," Edwards said, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer. "One, they were rumors and there was nothing to hold on to. And two, I felt like if I would have left Cleveland for any reason, I would have left with a bad taste in my mouth."

After a breakout 2007 season in which he had 1,289 receiving yards and 16 touchdown catches, Edwards had by most accounts a miserable '08. He was criticized for dropping balls and had 55 receptions, 25 fewer than in '07, and only three for touchdowns.

"I wanted to get back to playing good football, definitely here," Edwards said, according to the Plain Dealer. "It's a business and who knows what's going to happen next year. But for me, it was just about getting back to what I know I can do and being the player the Browns drafted in '05 and that the fans saw in '07."

In what was reported as his last discussion with the Browns, Giants general manager Jerry Reese told Cleveland he might be willing to part with a second- and a fifth-round pick. Nothing came of it and New York ended up drafting a receiver, Hakeem Nicks of North Carolina, with the 29th overall pick.

"Obviously they didn't get what they wanted, which means they felt highly of me to ask for a lot and it didn't go down that way and I'm still here," Edwards told the newspaper. "I'm happy to be here.

"There's a lot of players here that I still know, some new players. I remember [rookie receiver] Brian Robiskie at 17, having him out here when he was a ballboy and now he's one of my teammates. I think it's going to be a fun season. I'm excited to play with these guys and play in this new system and see what happens."

Edwards said he hasn't spoken to general manager George Kokinis or new coach Eric Mangini about the team's trade discussions.

"Right now I'm a Cleveland Brown and that's what I'm going to be until that day happens," Edwards said. "It won't be my decision."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #76
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

LOL the browns are just trying to make their team even worse ain't they. Giving up to guys they draft both in the first round of the draft. Man I feel for the brown fans. The brown fans needs a good coach and a smart GM who will draft well and bring in very talented players to make there team superbowl contenders. Since the browns been back in the league they come close the play offs . But that was only once. They really need to be smarter with their draft and bring in a HC that can motorvate the players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »