Home

More Browns Rumors - Quinn and Edwards In Separate Deals

This is a discussion on More Browns Rumors - Quinn and Edwards In Separate Deals within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2009, 11:32 AM   #17
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: More Browns Rumors - Quinn and Edwards In Separate Deals

You absolutely take a first-round pick for Quinn, especially if its a Top 10 pick.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:58 AM   #18
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
You absolutely take a first-round pick for Quinn, especially if its a Top 10 pick.

Who would be doing that? Top 10? Well, maybe 49ers. Otherwise the Broncos at 12 or 18.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:02 PM   #19
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by afro_dogg20
I hope that first round pick is from Philly ......if we got him that would be sweet.
I would love for Philly to make any sort of move like this for a #1 WR.

I'm not going to hold my breath though as it looks like they're not going to be making any noise - please prove me wrong PHI.

Dammit just give McNabb a true #1. We need some freaking size in our WR corps, and adding Edwards would be great.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:11 PM   #20
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

I agree with JBH3. Give McNabb some targets to throw to for cryin out loud. For years its been these 160lbers that I can't believe don't get broke in two in the NFL.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #21
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

I love rumors. Keep driving up the value for the #5 pick, genius.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2009, 02:13 PM   #22
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

McNabb just needs a WR that will stay healthy (Stallworth, Curtis, Brown) or will CROSS THE GOALLINE before tossing the ball away (Jackson... almost did it twice).

Seriously though, the problem is they can't draft a WR. They've tried that and failed too many times and with the window closing on McNabb and the D, the fans won't want to wait the 2 to 3 years it may take for a drafted WR to hit his stride. Trading for Edwards or Boldin would make perfect sense for Philly... or grabbing Holt or Harrison (though Harrison won't help with the need for a big WR).

What's Philly going to do about TE now that we have Smith in B'more? I think that's a pretty big loss if they opt not to find an adequate pass catching replacement (even though Smith was hardly ever healthy).
Old 04-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #23
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
McNabb just needs a WR that will stay healthy (Stallworth, Curtis, Brown) or will CROSS THE GOALLINE before tossing the ball away (Jackson... almost did it twice).

Seriously though, the problem is they can't draft a WR. They've tried that and failed too many times and with the window closing on McNabb and the D, the fans won't want to wait the 2 to 3 years it may take for a drafted WR to hit his stride. Trading for Edwards or Boldin would make perfect sense for Philly... or grabbing Holt or Harrison (though Harrison won't help with the need for a big WR).

What's Philly going to do about TE now that we have Smith in B'more? I think that's a pretty big loss if they opt not to find an adequate pass catching replacement (even though Smith was hardly ever healthy).
They failed on Brown, he's garbage. DeSean Jackson has arrived, and was a great pick. Boldin in Philly would spell disaster for the opposition . Love Edwards or Holt too.

As for TE...enjoy LJ Smith, and speaking of health - he's no better than Todd Heap in that dept. I take it you've never watched Brent Celek play? He's a bad as$ TE, and caught a TD in that 'zona gm. We'll be fine w/ Celek.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #24
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Not only did I watch Celek play but had him on one or two fantasy teams. I don't think he's the answer though. Could be for many teams but not one without much to write home about at WR. Jackson should be a good one but he's small which means he needs to be THAT much better than others and we'll see if he can be THAT good. They need a big target from somewhere... but getting Harrison or Holt would be a good short term solution.

Smith will be fine in Baltimore. They aren't leaning on the TE as much as they had to in the past so as long as either Heap or Smith can make the field, it'll be a bonus. I don't expect either to be getting a free trip to Hawaii.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »