Home

Three Years Later, Grade Your Team's '06 Draft

This is a discussion on Three Years Later, Grade Your Team's '06 Draft within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2009, 01:26 PM   #65
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Three Years Later, Grade Your Team's '06 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
4 / 100 - RB Michael Robinson

Robinson is a good special teams player but thats it. BUST.
Robinson isn't a bust at all. He was never intended to be a starter and I think he's done fine in his role. He's a converted QB and picked things up quickly. He had to start a game or two his rookie year and did ok. He's come in for short yardage situations and has done ok too, which kind of surprised me since he's not the biggest guy in the world. I'd say he's done right about what was expected, and ok for a 4th rounder.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 10:59 AM   #66
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Atlanta's 06

RdSel #PlayerPositionSchool
237Jimmy Williams CBVirginia Tech
379Jerious Norwood RBMississippi State
5139Quinn Ojinnaka TSyracuse
6184Adam Jennings WRFresno State
7223D.J. Shockley QBGeorgia

Jimmy Williams was a bust. I remember his last year at VT and the ESPN guys doing one of there games saying he was the next great DB. They were way off.
Jerious Norwood was a great pick in the 3rd. This guy can fly and make Turner better.
Ouinn Ojinnaka started a few games due to injury in 2007. Ok back up
Adam Jennings I hate that this kid has not did anything. I have met him a few time before Atlanta released him. Nice guy but not a great player. Could not return kicks.
D.J. Shockley He is a good 3rd QB. This kid can play if given the chance. He is great value in the 7th.

Over all the draft was a B due to Norwood and 2 solid back-ups.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:47 AM   #67
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Seattle Seahawks

Rd 1 - CB Kelly Jennings - Became a starter his second year. Lost the starting job last year. Has really done nothing except get beat.

Rd 2 - DE Darryl Tapp - Like Jennings, a starter in his second year and a backup in his third. Good for an occasional sack every now and then, but that's about it.

Rd 3- No pick.

Rd 4 - G Rob Sims - The starting RG. A good pick for the fourth round. There's talk of moving him to RT when Sean Locklear moves to LT to replace the aging Walter Jones.

Rd 5 - FB David Kirtman - Played in 6 games in two years with the Hawks.

Rd 6 - No pick.

Rd 7 - P Ryan Plackemeier - Had a good rookie year. No longer with the team.

Rd 7 - WR Ben Obomanu - 12 career catches with the Hawks.

Grade: D+

A bad draft, with Sims being the only bright spot. The low production from Tapp and Jennings helps explain why the Seahawks gave up the most passing yards per game in the NFL last year.

Last edited by spit_bubble; 04-26-2009 at 07:04 AM. Reason: typo, correction
Old 04-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #68
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergie56
1st Rnd: Chad Greenway - After missing his rookie year due to a knee injury, has turned into a nice play making LB. He always seems to be around the ball and has improved in his pass coverage.

2nd Rnd: Cedric Griffin - Has had an up and down career. He is a great tackler and is improving in his pass coverage. I think he is a serviceable CB who might get better as he gains more experience. Not a bad pick.

2nd Rnd: Ryan Cook - The first of our reach picks in the 2nd round. Allegedly could play any position on the line. Settled into RT and promptly turned into a turnstyle. The only thing you can depend on him for is a couple false starts per game and maybe a hold.

2nd Rnd: Tarvaris Jackson - Supposed to be a guy Brad Childress could mold into the next Donovan McNabb. Has shown some flashes but has been incredibly inconsistent. Looked pretty good enough after being benched last season but then crapped the bed in the playoffs. Likely has his last chance this year and has to beat out Sage Rosenfels to get it.

4th Rnd: Ray Edwards - Picked based on potential shown early in his college career. Hasn't been a stud but has contributed to our defense. Solid pass rusher but might not be an every down DE. Good enough for a 4th round pick though.

5th Rnd: Greg Blue - Supposedly a punishing hitter who played in all 16 games his rookie year, mostly on special teams. Was cut at the end of training camp in 2007.

Overall, I'd give the draft a C+. We were able to get 2 starting caliber players for a defense that has blossomed into a top 5 unit. However, we had 3 second round picks and swung and missed horribly on 2 of them. This is holding back an otherwise possible Super Bowl contender.
Just wait until we get to do 07 Draft, it would be A+ because of one player alone. XD

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »