Home

Jimmy Smith a Crackhead?

This is a discussion on Jimmy Smith a Crackhead? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2009, 04:02 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Jimmy Smith a Crackhead?

And here I thought that crack was cocaine that had been mixed with a base and cooked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 04:04 PM   #26
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapinman
nah didnt read the article.. just going by the post of what a couple guys said... If in the article it is crack cocaine, I stand corrected, he in fact is a crackhead per say...

My point ultimately was to differentiate the two because they are different.
lol, man how could you post it without even reading the article. anyway, said he was found with both. Personally I don't think anyone found with crack is automatically a crack head... but if you're found with crack, coke and weed and have a history then you're most definitely a drug addict.

Not mad at JBH3 calling him a crackhead though. Even trying crack once is pretty bad IMO.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:04 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapinman
Do you know that Redhead Kingpin, in fact was and probably still is a "Crackhead". The late 80s, early 90s rapper.
Yeah I know,so what. I'm not passing judgement on Jimmy Smith,I was just pointing out how people were saying that they didn't catch him with crack,when it clearly says that they did in the begining of that story.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #28
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Former Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Jimmy Smith was pulled over Wednesday afternoon and found with crack cocaine and marijuana in his car, the Florida Highway Patrol said.

Smith, who played 10 seasons for Jacksonville, was pulled over on Interstate 95 in Jacksonville for excessive window tint on his 2009 Mercedes Benz, Florida Highway Patrol Lt. Bill Leeper said.

The trooper reported that the inside of the car smelled like burnt marijuana. During a search, the trooper found crack cocaine, marijuana and a business card with powder cocaine residue in the car's center console.

Smith faces multiple drug charges, plus a charge of driving with a suspended license. He was being held at the Duval County Jail with no bond set.

Smith retired from the Jaguars in 2006 after playing from 1995 to 2005. He finished with 862 receptions and 12,287 receiving yards and 67 touchdowns. He was a five-time Pro Bowl selection.

Despite the exceptional stats, Smith's career was not without problems.

In 2001, he had three operations to remove scar tissue from his abdomen. Some questioned whether he would play again, but he caught 112 passes for 1,373 yards -- despite being arrested in November that year for suspicion of drunken driving. Tests later revealed he had cocaine in his system. He vehemently denied using the drug.

He was suspended for the first four games of the 2003 season for violating the league's substance-abuse policy. He then publicly acknowledged an addiction and spent several weeks in rehab.

Smith also had problems before joining the Jaguars.

The third receiver selected in the 1992 draft behind Desmond Howard and Carl Pickens, Smith broke his leg and missed most of his rookie season. In 1993, he needed an emergency appendectomy and suffered through infection and stomach problems. He missed the entire year. He didn't play in 1994 after getting cut by Dallas and Philadelphia.

In 1995, he caught on with the expansion Jaguars after his mother sent coach Tom Coughlin a binder of press clippings to help him earn a tryout.

He made the most of his chance, teaming with Keenan McCardell to help land the Jaguars in the playoffs in only their second season.
He was found with Coke and Weed but yet he's labeled a Crackhead.

Can we call him a weedhead too since he was caught with that? What about a Cokehead?

Not the first time's gotten caught with Drugs but he keeps going back. Dude is Drug Addict, plain and simple.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:06 PM   #29
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
. Personally I don't think anyone found with crack is automatically a crack head... but if you're found with crack, coke and weed and have a history then you're most definitely a drug addict.
All I was trying to say.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #30
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
He was found with Coke and Weed but yet he's labeled a Crackhead.

Can we call him a weedhead too since he was caught with that? What about a Cokehead?

Not the first time's gotten caught with Drugs but he keeps going back. Dude is Drug Addict, plain and simple.
PPM, read the very beginning. He was caught with crack cocaine. I'm sure it was phrased that way to not confuse it with sidewalk crack or cracker jacks or something,lol. But it's basically saying he was found with crack. Later it says powder cocaine was also found.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #31
Banned

Why is everybody up in arms because somebody called the guy a crackhead? Big deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
lol, man how could you post it without even reading the article. anyway, said he was found with both. Personally I don't think anyone found with crack is automatically a crack head... but if you're found with crack, coke and weed and have a history then you're most definitely a drug addict.

Not mad at JBH3 calling him a crackhead though. Even trying crack once is pretty bad IMO.
true that on ALL accounts but Jimmy Smith needs to get his mind right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »