Home

Does Anyone Else Kind of Think the Brett Favre Saga is Sort of Cool?

This is a discussion on Does Anyone Else Kind of Think the Brett Favre Saga is Sort of Cool? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2009, 03:00 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Does Anyone Else Kind of Think the Brett Favre Saga is Sort of Cool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
You don't think it's pretty badass that a dude who is 40 playing the high profile position of quarterback, has started in essentially every game for a decade consecutively, is against all the odds every year, stares his age in the face, has nothing to prove as his holds all the records, and toughs it out for another year? Its real life Rocky. It's badasstry at its finest.
I could sort of agree if it were his team(s) and/or the media that was pushing him to retirement and doubting his ability to continue his career but the fact is that he's been holding teams hostage for 4 or 5 years now.

He acted like a totally selfish player for a couple of offseasons while he was with the Packers BEFORE the whole fiasco last year by refusing to make a decision on his future until late in the summer, which essentially kept the Packers in limbo during free agency and the draft. Then the one year when he finally decides to make a decision early, he changes his mind a few months later and gets upset because the team has decided to move on.

Rocky? Hardly.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:08 AM   #10
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Rocky is the WORST comparison to give him.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:13 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

It's not really like that. The Packers would have kept him if he didn't wait until training camp to want to play. And for some reason the Jets said they wanted him back.

The Favre story doesn't really bother me. I don't watch ESPN that much and if he wants to take his time deciding whether he wants to play, and a team doesn't mind that, then I don't blame him. But its not a good story of him beating the odds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 04:12 AM   #12

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
It's not really like that. The Packers would have kept him if he didn't wait until training camp to want to play. And for some reason the Jets said they wanted him back.

The Favre story doesn't really bother me. I don't watch ESPN that much and if he wants to take his time deciding whether he wants to play, and a team doesn't mind that, then I don't blame him. But its not a good story of him beating the odds.
Trust me you don't want to because, if you do your probably going to hear about farve if you watch it long enough. Especially on NFL Network, good lord that man takes up half a show or more easily.

Farve is a Diva wanting attention, no where near Balboa. He could have been compared to Balboa last year coming back from retirement, but he didn't do good down the stretch so it wasn't to cool.

Like if someone made another Balboa movie of him coming out a second time from retirement it would be stupid. The first time Bret came back it was cool at first like the Balboa movie, but a second time would be a bit much. I know he will come back because, he wants that attention and I guess he loves the game and can't let go as some say.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:02 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 42

Despite the agony he has caused my beloved Bears over the years, I do respect the man and his abilities but it seems for the last few seasons that he's a massive drain on team chemistry.

So no...no Rocky for you.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:28 AM   #14
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

QB's over the last 10 years or so have enjoyed lots of success after the age of 35. I don't really see this as some great "against the odds story."

And retiring this year to manipulate the system knowing he wanted to play for the Vikings the whole time is not so heroic IMO. He told the Jets he would only come back to play with the Vikings this year. The Jets couldn't possibly trade him there with their 2 or 3 first round picks they would give up to the Packers. Then asking to be cut twice. Who asks to be cut after retiring? The Vikings, while at first interested in the Cutler situation, suprisingly pull out. Maybe they knew Brett could be coming their way.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #15
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

I don't care if he comes back or not. I'm just tired of hearing about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #16
The Mad Genius

MARTZball's Arena

OVR: 13

Not Rocky, more ...

An old guy who just won't let go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »