Home

SI: 5 best and 5 worst owners in the NFL.

This is a discussion on SI: 5 best and 5 worst owners in the NFL. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2009, 01:10 PM   #41
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: SI: 5 best and 5 worst owners in the NFL.

Give me an owner who spends money anyday of the week than some of these owners who are only concerned with their bottom line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #42
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
Having resources is irrelevant in the NFL.

If this was baseball with no cap or the NBA with the luxury tax, Snyder would be polishing his 6th or 7th Super Bowl. However, with a hard cap, having a ton of money doesn't offer any benefit to having no money.

The only reason he's on the list is because he's young and the Redskins are valuable. If the Redskins were in Wyoming, he'd be forgotten like the other folk I listed.
Yea it does matter...there are plenty of teams that don't get anywhere close to the cap. The Eagles are constantly millions under the cap each year w/ tons of felxibility - thanks in part to a smart staff and a top5 owner .

All not having a cap would do is allow Snyder to look slightly better, but his stupid spending ways would still be prevalent - just not as bad because he could counter 2 or 3 bad signins w/ 2 or 3 good ones.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #43
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Finally, the Cardinals are no longer the worst.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Yea it does matter...there are plenty of teams that don't get anywhere close to the cap. The Eagles are constantly millions under the cap each year w/ tons of felxibility - thanks in part to a smart staff and a top5 owner .
The Eagles aren't under the cap because they can't afford to reach the cap.

I don't think anyone is. It was a stupid point. This isn't like the Yankees having a $250 million payroll and the Pirates a $40 million pay roll. It's every team having the same.

Quote:
All not having a cap would do is allow Snyder to look slightly better
Not having a cap would make Snyder look a lot better. Half of your free agents failing when you sign 4 is a big deal. Half failing when you sign 10 isn't.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #45
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
The Eagles aren't under the cap because they can't afford to reach the cap.

I don't think anyone is. It was a stupid point. This isn't like the Yankees having a $250 million payroll and the Pirates a $40 million pay roll. It's every team having the same.

Not having a cap would make Snyder look a lot better. Half of your free agents failing when you sign 4 is a big deal. Half failing when you sign 10 isn't.
You've got it all figured out buddy. Good for you. Nothing more I need to say then...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #46
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I think the Packers should be Top 5 or at least 10. I mean since really don't have an owner per se, we have the best fans in the league and since we're a publicly owned team that should count for something, right? :-))
Old 05-13-2009, 02:10 PM   #47
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

I was a little suprised that a team owned by the fans themselves wasn't represented but I get used to it living in flyover country.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #48
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
But at the sametime, if he wins then he doesn't get this "bad rep" from folks with the moves he makes.
This isn't really true because actually the Skins have been MUCH better over the recent years than they've been given credit for. They play in a division with 3 other teams that are each considered among the best in the NFL and compete every year including a few playoff appearances. Meanwhile, Dallas hasn't won a playoff game in over a decade, the Giants seem to yearly fade and underachieve (before the superbowl year) and the Eagles can't seem to ever get over the final hump.

Don't get me wrong, all 3 are great teams and there are others as well but the Skins are yearly considered bottom feeders for some reason when they win as much, if not more than most teams in the NFL. Snyder does get a bad rap. Just like his team, he's definitely not the best owner but he's far from the worse like many still want to think (he belonged on this list his first few years when he was bringing in Bruce Smith and Deion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
List is right on point.

You can include the last 3 in there as well.
If by last 3 you meant Bruce Smith, Coles and LaVar then no way. Smith was a HORRIBLE signing. Coles played great for the Skins besides injuries and then was traded away for the best WR they have today by far. LaVar also played great for the Skins. You can blame the coaches for what happened to him but he was a beast.

Cebby, Smith was a horrible signing bc he should've retired and was just hanging on to break a record. It was pretty clear he was only Bruce Smith in name at that point, and then he went out and proved it on the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »