Home

What rule would you take out the NFL

This is a discussion on What rule would you take out the NFL within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2009, 11:19 AM   #9
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: What rule would you take out the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirrtySouth78
The thing I hate about that "rule" is when you see a defender going full speed at the qb then the qb releases him and defender has no time to slow down and gets hit with the Unneccecary Roughness penalty. Its like the officials don't understand physics and momentum in the NFL. If a man that large is in a full sprint what is is suppost to do? If he slows up and barely touches him its a penalty, if he tries to stop too quickly he can blow out his knee. even if its a team I like that gets the call I hate when I see that call.

But instead of removed I would like to see a rule added. Penalizing the punter/Kicker for some of that dramatic acting. If you going to call all that BS about touching a QB, why can a punter act like a sniper just shot him when a guys hands only hit his toes. I understand they off balance and all that, but sometimes its excessive. I don't want to see guys plowing over kickers/Punters, but some of those acting jobs are rediculous. I remember watching a Steeler game this year, and even though I live in Pittsburgh and love the Steelers, the Punter did one of those acting jobs after he landed on a defender and defender was called for a penalty. How do you get penalized when a guy lands on you? Watching with friends we were all laughing and we all agreed that call was hysterical, although I was only one who thought it shouldn't be called. I just want a fair called game.
There are plenty of times it should be called, but some of those acting jobs are just rediculous and they actually get the call from time to time.
+1 on both parts.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 05-17-2009, 04:33 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 9

All the new weak rules about the QB. Sorry that's so vague, but what I can think of has already been discussed.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:29 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 42

No more of that ******** icing the kicker with a time out at the snap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #12
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
5 yd bump rule.
So you want it like before 1978 when WRs were being virtually mugged up and down the field? The way most QBs today don't know how to read defenses and such to save their lives the passing game would plummet so far down to earth that we'd be back to the days where running was the main way of moving the ball. Not that there's anything wrong with that as i've seen some entertaining games from the mid '70s and before.

I'd take out most of the QB rules added in the last few years.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 05-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 55

If they made facemasking legal again like it was in the old days, ratings would soar!

But seriously, I'm pretty cool with the way things are. Only thing I would change is to let kickers kick barefoot again like they used to.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #14

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
If they made facemasking legal again like it was in the old days, ratings would soar!

But seriously, I'm pretty cool with the way things are. Only thing I would change is to let kickers kick barefoot again like they used to.
I could very well be wrong but I don't think there is a rule against kicking barefoot.

I think kickers just choose not to do it.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:13 PM   #15
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Celebration penalties, but I do wish they would lax a bit on the 5-yard bump rule. Too bad the Colts moaned about the Patriots and ruined it for everybody.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2009, 08:49 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Bring back the 5 yd facemask...accidentally flicking someone in the facemask should not be a 15yd penalty
Bring back the wedge...seriously, this is gonna be a huge setback for special teams, think about it, he kicking team can have as many people as close to the returner as they can get, but the return team can only have 2, dumb rule
Get rid of a lot of the QB protection rules...its getting to the point where you can barely touch the guy, the QB needs to be protected, but its getting out of hand, if you hit em anywhere but dead center its a penalty, even a head smack is a penalty
Get rid of the rule protecting WRs tryin to make catches over the middle...safeties playing cover 2 zone cant have to sit there and wait for the WR to catch the ball and land before they can try to shake the ball loose

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »