Home

Super Bowl 47 will be played in...

This is a discussion on Super Bowl 47 will be played in... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #49
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Super Bowl 47 will be played in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
Are you telling me you would not be excited to see a Superbowl at Wrigley Field?
Your fascination with this ballpark is almost disturbing.

Never has a Super Bowl garnered more or less ratings based on what stadium it was played in. Never.

Based on your theory, why don't we just build a field at the base of the Grand Canyon. Or better yet, a Spanish bullfighting ring. Everybody would tune in for that game, right?
Old 05-21-2009, 02:14 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Real fans would rather watch them battle it out winning or losing on their own merits rather than having circumstances created by weather potentially effect the outcome of the biggest game of the season.
The only flaw in that logic is that teams built to play in cold weather/grass field are therefore at a disadvantage playing in warm weather/turf.

You'll never hear the teams complain but I for one think if the Superbowl had been played in cold weather locations The Bills wouldn't have lost 4 straight.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:17 PM   #51
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
Are you telling me you would not be excited to see a Superbowl at Wrigley Field?
Forget excited, i would be ANGRY.

Wow, just wow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2009, 02:59 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 5

Screw Wrigley, if you want to host a Super Bowl in a tiny old baseball stadium why not Fenway? /homerism /sarcasm
Old 05-21-2009, 03:09 PM   #53
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaduck
The only flaw in that logic is that teams built to play in cold weather/grass field are therefore at a disadvantage playing in warm weather/turf.

You'll never hear the teams complain but I for one think if the Superbowl had been played in cold weather locations The Bills wouldn't have lost 4 straight.
That's an argument worth discussing. I don't know if I think fair weather teams have as much of an advantage as cold weather teams do over opponents that come to them. The dome, I can see. If there was a chance it'd be in the 90's or up, then I could kind of agree but for the cold weather areas you do run the risk of it being an extreme situation that would effect both teams, no matter where they usually play. In the attempt to eliminate all external variables, I'd much rather continue picking sites in the moderate temperature places and domes.

As for Buffalo, I think the NFC was just a much better conference in at least 3 of those. I can't honestly say I remember them well enough to really say the weather/temp didn't negatively effect them. But if you're saying that if the game was in Buffalo type weather, I think that'd be a much greater advantage than what any other team may get with the Bills going to a more moderate climate.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 42

[quote][quote=wwharton;2039595910] I don't know if I think fair weather teams have as much of an advantage as cold weather teams do over opponents that come to them.
[quote]

I don't disagree but the point is the cold weather team NEVER gets that advantage due to the sites choosen. I know the rationale is that the weather shouldn't be a factor but if thats the case...why allow it to be a factor at any other time of the season?

I think the balance of the argument is that the fickle fans/ girlfriends don't want to watch a mud/ice bowl. So they "clean" it up for the bigger ratings...dry fast fields to reward high scoring O's.

I'm just a traditionalist in that I don't think you alter the game for that reason. In years past, the confrence championships have usually been better games in no small part, in my opinion, to letting the game be played in all conditions.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #55
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

I tried... :/

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2009, 05:26 PM   #56
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance
Your fascination with this ballpark is almost disturbing.

Never has a Super Bowl garnered more or less ratings based on what stadium it was played in. Never.

Based on your theory, why don't we just build a field at the base of the Grand Canyon. Or better yet, a Spanish bullfighting ring. Everybody would tune in for that game, right?
Yeah? Does it disturb you that I started some thunder in this topic with an idea that was "out there"? That is your definition of disturbing?

Oh wait, then I defended my idea? That's disturbing.

Looks like you just really wanted to say that, because I did not do anything "disturbing".

And wwharton, I asked two people, LOL! I asked two times, LOL!

Looks like you had a line you wanted to use too. A bit early to imply that I was asking left and right when barely anybody answered my question the first time.

I ask a question and am subsequently attacked by people for no good reason.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »