Home

People who belong in the Hall Of Fame

This is a discussion on People who belong in the Hall Of Fame within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2009, 09:08 PM   #65
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: People who belong in the Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesdereuter
But isnt Jim Kelly already in the hall of fame? Im not sure comparing Ken Anderson to a HOF QB is much of an argument. Im not saying Anderson does belong in the HOF and Im not saying he doesnt. I also dont think that one game is his whole career. If I remember correctly, I think he led the league in passer rating once or twice.
yes you are right. It was a response to Alex Brady's statement that Anderson won more big games than Jim Kelly.

Last edited by ZB9; 05-26-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2009, 09:24 PM   #66
Pro

nyqua's Arena

OVR: 6

The HOF is about how well you played on the field, not what you did off it. Tillman deserves to not be in the hall at all. Ever.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:29 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 15

I still don't get the hype around Bo Jackson. The difference between him and Gale Sayers is that Sayers was arguably the best player in the league in his prime. Sayers broke records. Hell, the guy only touched the ball 232 times his rookie season but still scored 22 TDs. All Bo Jackson ever did was play football part time, be in commercials, and knock Brian Bosworth on his ***.

The only similarity between the two is the lengths of their careers. The difference is that Sayers actually has insane numbers to back it up. To compare Sayers, a top 5 all time RB, to a media hype machine like Bo is just wrong.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:33 PM   #68
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
I still don't get the hype around Bo Jackson. The difference between him and Gale Sayers is that Sayers was arguably the best player in the league in his prime. Sayers broke records. Hell, the guy only touched the ball 232 times his rookie season but still scored 22 TDs. All Bo Jackson ever did was play football part time, be in commercials, and knock Brian Bosworth on his ***.

The only similarity between the two is the lengths of their careers. The difference is that Sayers actually has insane numbers to back it up. To compare Sayers, a top 5 all time RB, to a media hype machine like Bo is just wrong.
I wouldn't argue Bo for the hall, but the guy produced on the field and was the best back I have ever seen. Not ever playing a full season should keep him out. But as a running back, his numbers are better than Sayers, 5.4 yd/carry to 5.0 carrier wise. His best season, 6.4 to 6.2. Sayers return game, catches out of the backfield, and played 4 full seasons give him a much better carear. But Bo was more than media hype. Those highlights aren't media hype. He was for real. Just never played a full season.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:40 PM   #69
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Bo was the closest thing the NFL has had to the "next Jim Brown". He dominated games through physical violence and raw speed. And he did it in the modern NFL. You really have to watch some of his games to understand it.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:23 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
I wouldn't argue Bo for the hall, but the guy produced on the field and was the best back I have ever seen. Not ever playing a full season should keep him out. But as a running back, his numbers are better than Sayers, 5.4 yd/carry to 5.0 carrier wise. His best season, 6.4 to 6.2. Sayers return game, catches out of the backfield, and played 4 full seasons give him a much better carear. But Bo was more than media hype. Those highlights aren't media hype. He was for real. Just never played a full season.
The problem is that people think a part-time football player who never ran for more than a thousand yards, never had 10 TDs in a season, and never even played for a full season should be a HOFer simply based on natural talent and potential.

I disagree with your assertion that Bo had better numbers than Sayers. Because Sayers had much more attempts, his numerous big runs don't throw off the YPA as much as Bo's freakish 6.8 YPA. Sayers was so good that despite playing only 5 full seasons, he still has a strong argument for being the best RB of all time.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #71
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
The problem is that people think a part-time football player who never ran for more than a thousand yards, never had 10 TDs in a season, and never even played for a full season should be a HOFer simply based on natural talent and potential.

I disagree with your assertion that Bo had better numbers than Sayers. Because Sayers had much more attempts, his numerous big runs don't throw off the YPA as much as Bo's freakish 6.8 YPA. Sayers was so good that despite playing only 5 full seasons, he still has a strong argument for being the best RB of all time.
If you throw out Bo's longest run that year and Gales longest run the year he ran for 6.2 yds, they both average 5.78 yards per carry. The numbers are the numbers, I can't change them. They are what they are and Bo's are better.

Beyond the fact that Bo is the best back I have ever seen, like I said, I don't think he should be in the hall of fame. I am not arguing he is better than Gale Sayers, although he is right there in the same vacinity which you are failing to realize. My point in this is that Bo was not just a media hype. He was as good as the numbers show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 05:04 PM   #72
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I consider all playoff games big games... if you go to the SB as many times in a row as the Bills did, you have to win a lot of big games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »