Home

Could Jim Brown dominate today?

This is a discussion on Could Jim Brown dominate today? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2009, 05:50 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Could Jim Brown dominate today?

Yes. Jim Brown main attribute that made him the standard of all running backs....was his intelligence. His will. Not his sheer physicality. Is he the greatest RB of all time? Yes. If you put him in the game today he would still be a 1400 yard rusher. The argument against athletes of the past against the players of today is lacking in one main regard: Skill. Most of the players in the modern game...especially the big three: Football/Basketball/Baseball; don't have the skill level of some of the greats. Basketball is a joke. If Wilt/Kareem?Olajuwon played now they might even dominate more than ever. Remember most of the rules changes have been to help the offenses in there leagues. Imagine Don Hutson/Maynard/Alworth would have had today with these rules. Imagine Johnny Unitas/Jurgensen and the like would have had in these schemes and times. Look at Unitas yards per reception numbers and compare them to Peyton's best season.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:50 PM   #58
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
I always find it intersting how time goes on a players greatness usually diminishes. In a few years Brown is going to be Don Hutson or Bronko Negurski who only succeeded because they were ahead of their time. Baseball does a great job of remembering its great players, but football fans are quick to dismiss it. Just my observation.

NBA fans do it more than anyone I know. It's like the younger the fans get, the less respect they have for the accomplishments of the legends.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 06-13-2009, 10:57 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 9

I concur with everyone who said JB was great, would be great, and is still great. JB would still dominate. Think if he was on the Giants with BJ or on the Vikings with AD. They'd just tear it up. The Vikes wouldn't need Bret Favre.

Most of y'all can't tell me the Lions' QB in the nineties... Because you don't need a superstar QB when you have a superstar runningback. Just imagine having two.

That's how the Giants and the Titans and the Ravens achieved success last year. Especially the Titans... a monster twin-head at runningback and a mediocre QB will do. Look at Jamal Lewis with the Ravens when they won the Super Bowl. We all know Trent Dilfer ain't nobody. No offense to the guy, but he's a game-manager, not a game-changer.

When you have those game changing runningbacks, an okay QB will do.

Yes, JB would dominate in the modern NFL. Especially in the modern NFL; they use two backs. Like when JB had Bobby Mitchell and Leroy Kelly. Two (or four; he played in 14 game seasons and 12 game seasons) more games could only help him dominate. Especially with a backfield mate who can run for 1000 yards on his own.

But that's just my two cents.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »