Home

Vince Young "start me or trade me"

This is a discussion on Vince Young "start me or trade me" within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #17
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Vince Young "start me or trade me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp
I know what he was saying, it's the thread title that's crap.
yup

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 06-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #18
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
I don't see this as Young demanding that he start. I see this as serving notice he's not looking to become a career backup. I thought, after his fiasco last season, he handled things pretty well last year in not upsetting the boat. Now it looks like he's recharged & rededicated.

He seems to know also he burned some bridges & lost the orginazation's trust. "if them guys don't want me to be in there.....if they're not ready for me to play ball..." It could very well be the Titans franchise, players, coaches are wary of him being back @ the helm. & VY senses that. He may see the damage is unrepairable.

If that's the case, he's right. Its time to move forward. He's not placing blame it sounds like. The writing is just on the wall.
Really? Notice where you cut the quote off. If that quote ended with "I'll have to work my butt off to prove I deserve to be in there." or "I'll show them I should be." or a million other things. But what he said was "it's time for me to make a career change for myself" and "If they're not ready for me to play ball then somebody is."

Last I checked, VY is not a free agent. Unless he doesn't plan on being an NFL player anymore I don't know what kind of career change he's talking about unless a trade is involved. I also don't remember the Titans saying anything besides they want him to start again when they feel he's ready so it sounds like he thinks he should be just given the job back... now. Sorry but there is no spinning of this that looks good for VY. Looks like more of the same immature disillusion kid of last year... but without the leverage he had and destroyed last year.

Are you really saying that calling out the organization and his teammates right now is a good idea and will help them gain the trust in him to lead the team?
Old 06-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #19
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

We'll take him. What's one more to 5? 6?, hold on, we still have Plummer's rights?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-02-2009, 04:08 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Really? Notice where you cut the quote off. If that quote ended with "I'll have to work my butt off to prove I deserve to be in there." or "I'll show them I should be." or a million other things. But what he said was "it's time for me to make a career change for myself" and "If they're not ready for me to play ball then somebody is."
At that point in the interview, I actually thought he was going to say he was going to walk away from the NFL. Then he continues on and sticks his foot in his mouth. After this statement, if I Fisher, I treat him as a rookie. He should start at the bottom and have to prove himself before making him the starter again. His ego probably can't take it though.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #21
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

Young has stated he wants to compete. It was Kerry Collins who stated emphatically that either he was going to be handed the starting job or he wasnt going to sign. It was Collins that stated he doesnt want to have to compete for his job, but you dont hear people going overboard and overanalyzing everything Collins says.

like I said before, who cares if someone has a problem with what Young said lol. He went out of his way to say all of the right things all season and all Spring, and people still jumped all over him saying "he doesnt want to play". Now he says something with some spice and people jump all over him. It doesnt matter.

Last edited by ZB9; 06-02-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2009, 04:48 PM   #22
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Players do crap like this all of the time in the NFL. I don't see it as that big of a deal.

That being said, it should funny watching the Vince Young homers defend him until the end.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 06-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #23
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
Players do crap like this all of the time in the NFL. I don't see it as that big of a deal.

That being said, it should funny watching the Vince Young homers defend him until the end.
Yes, and I don't blame anyone for stating what they want. He tried to avoid saying "play me or trade me" so he wouldn't look like a prima donna, but that is the jist of what he meant.
You do have to look out for yourself in this world, no one else will. At least he wants to play and compete again. Unfortunately, players use the media as leverage all the time mostly because of their agents.
But, he will have to earn the job on the field, if someone else wants him (he is overrated in my book, and always has been (except in college of course)), then maybe Tennessee can get something of value. It is business as usual in today's NFL, and for better or worse, we the fans have to deal with it.
I personally wish him the best of luck.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #24
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
Young has stated he wants to compete. It was Kerry Collins who stated emphatically that either he was going to be handed the starting job or he wasnt going to sign. It was Collins that stated he doesnt want to have to compete for his job, but you dont hear people going overboard and overanalyzing everything Collins says.

like I said before, who cares if someone has a problem with what Young said lol. He went out of his way to say all of the right things all season and all Spring, and people still jumped all over him saying "he doesnt want to play". Now he says something with some spice and people jump all over him. It doesnt matter.
I don't blame Kerry Collins at all for using his leverage to try to keep his starting job. But, I know exactly what you're saying.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »