Home

Vince Young "start me or trade me"

This is a discussion on Vince Young "start me or trade me" within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #25
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Vince Young "start me or trade me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
We'll take him. What's one more to 5? 6?, hold on, we still have Plummer's rights?
Lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #26
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
Vince Young is the very definition of a loser. Blaming his coaches, players, media, and anything else for all his faults. He has no accuracy, no north to south movement, and he panics when his first read is taken away. Indeed, Young has a hopeless future and will never be the player he was projected to be.
He has been overrated in the NFL, no doubt, like Vick. Both are very athletic, but you need more to succeed in the NFL at QB imo. I can remember telling my friend years ago that I would take Drew Brees over Michael Vick in the NFL draft, and he thought I was crazy. We get too enamored sometimes with some of the athletic QBs. I wish VY the best, he seems like a pretty good guy overall, and had a hard time dealing with things. I hope he can get his life back on track, etc.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:49 PM   #27
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
Young has stated he wants to compete. It was Kerry Collins who stated emphatically that either he was going to be handed the starting job or he wasnt going to sign. It was Collins that stated he doesnt want to have to compete for his job, but you dont hear people going overboard and overanalyzing everything Collins says.

like I said before, who cares if someone has a problem with what Young said lol. He went out of his way to say all of the right things all season and all Spring, and people still jumped all over him saying "he doesnt want to play". Now he says something with some spice and people jump all over him. It doesnt matter.
Collins has said, if he's not the starter he'll retire. Also unlike Young he's proven he's a legit NFL QB. At this point in his career, he's feels he's too old to be a backup. He'd rather do other things. After Young quit on his team, it was Collins that led them to the playoffs, it wsa Collins who proved he was the leader of the team.

You really want to compare where Collins is and what he said, to what Young said?
Old 06-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #28
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
Players do crap like this all of the time in the NFL. I don't see it as that big of a deal.

That being said, it should funny watching the Vince Young homers defend him until the end.
Players who quit on their team, generally don't demand to be the starter afterwards.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:07 PM   #29
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Collins has said, if he's not the starter he'll retire.
yup that is exactly what Collins said

Quote:
Also unlike Young he's proven he's a legit NFL QB.
Young was the #3 pick in the draft who won ROY in his first season. Of course he wants to play. Leinart has made similar comments. Top draft picks dont want to spend their careers sitting on the bench.

He wants to play, and he wants to win. Titans fans should want to hear that from their QB. Do they want him to say that he would be happy holding a clipboard for the rest of his career?

Quote:
At this point in his career, he's feels he's too old to be a backup. He'd rather do other things. After Young quit on his team, it was Collins that led them to the playoffs, it wsa Collins who proved he was the leader of the team.
of course Collins wants to play. So does Young.

as far as the playoffs, Young and Collins have the same playoff record for the Titans...and VY didnt get a chance to play with Chris Johnson. Young did not have any weapons like that in either of his seasons as the starter

Quote:
You really want to compare where Collins is and what he said, to what Young said?
Kerry Collins said if he's not the starter, he'll retire...He said he doesnt want to have to compete for the job.

Young has not said anything like that.

Last edited by ZB9; 06-02-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:14 PM   #30
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

Quote:
Players who quit on their team, generally don't demand to be the starter afterwards.
LOL when did Young quit?

as far as "quitting", the only QB on the Titans that has quit in his career is Kerry Collins. Maybe you forget him telling Mike Ditka "his heart wasnt in it", and straight quitting on the Saints.

Last edited by ZB9; 06-02-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #31
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
Young has stated he wants to compete. It was Kerry Collins who stated emphatically that either he was going to be handed the starting job or he wasnt going to sign. It was Collins that stated he doesnt want to have to compete for his job, but you dont hear people going overboard and overanalyzing everything Collins says.

like I said before, who cares if someone has a problem with what Young said lol. He went out of his way to say all of the right things all season and all Spring, and people still jumped all over him saying "he doesnt want to play". Now he says something with some spice and people jump all over him. It doesnt matter.
Collins is coming off a season where he led his team to the best record in the NFL and doesn't have any future ahead of him. What he said and when he said it made perfect sense.

Young is coming off a season where he was booed by his own fans, then had opposing players trying to help him get his head into the game, then basically didn't want to play and whether he planned on shooting himself or not, he clearly wasn't right in the head. There are HUGE questions about his maturity and sense of entitlement. We can go back to the draft... low wonderlic scores doesn't mean stupidity so much as not caring about the process and the effort and mentality you should have on a job interview.

The only thing we hear from Vince since all this crap besides him "seeking" help to be better (basically become a man) is that he feels he's a star again and wants his starting spot back or he wants to go somewhere else that wants him as a starter (that thought right there is crazy... who else would start him this year?).

ZB9 you're in rare form.

Quote:
Collins has said, if he's not the starter he'll retire. Also unlike Young he's proven he's a legit NFL QB. At this point in his career, he's feels he's too old to be a backup. He'd rather do other things. After Young quit on his team, it was Collins that led them to the playoffs, it wsa Collins who proved he was the leader of the team.

Exactly

Last edited by wwharton; 06-02-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #32
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

lol jeez talk about overanalyzing and overreacting wwharton.

Vince Young mainly just needs more experience. That is the most important thing for an NFL QB, and that is the advantage Collins has over Young.

btw, Young's maturity issues in his first few seasons have nothing on the issues Kerry Collins had early in his career. Being a QB in the NFL usually contains some adversity. Collins came out of it pretty well. Actually, going through all of that probably made him a better QB.

Last edited by ZB9; 06-02-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »