Home

NFL regular season pushed back this season

This is a discussion on NFL regular season pushed back this season within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #9
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NFL regular season pushed back this season

I remember a while back(might've been 07)we didn't get our first snow game at Lambeau until January against the Seahawks lol.

Early September, it really isn't TOO bad or anything, but then again I guess that depends where you're at lol.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:24 PM   #10
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I remember a while back(might've been 07)we didn't get our first snow game at Lambeau until January against the Seahawks lol.

Early September, it really isn't TOO bad or anything, but then again I guess that depends where you're at lol.
I don't like lambeau in September. They have bleachers so you are crammed in like sardines. Which is great because if they had individual seats, you would be three times further away(actual study done I do believe) so every seat in the house is a good one. When it is cold being this close helps keep everyone warmer. But in September, with the sun beating down, people are sweating and rubbing up on each other. Its not like you are going to be sandwiched between two college aged girls at a football game.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:46 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

What in the world are you talking about? You really don't know why the season isn't starting until the 13th? Look at the calendar, the NFL season doesn't start until the weekend after Labor day. Nothing going on here, Labor Day just falls on 9/7, so 9/13 is the next Sunday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 12:50 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
And while this gives my team more cold weather games, I am kind of torn on this. Does this mean Superbowl Sunday is the same day as the Daytona 500? What am I going to watch?
The Daytona 500 is scheduled for February 14th, 2010, the Sunday after the Super Bowl, so there will be no conflict!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:25 AM   #13
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I like the idea. I hope they push for the extra 2 games per season.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:58 AM   #14
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Nothing was pushed, it's all based on Labor Day, and Labor Day is later this year. Nothing else is going on.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 06-04-2009, 07:16 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
And while this gives my team more cold weather games, I am kind of torn on this. Does this mean Superbowl Sunday is the same day as the Daytona 500? What am I going to watch?
God, I would love...LOVE it...if that ever happened! Maybe then all those NASCAR idiots who say it's the "most popular spectator sport in America" would shut up when 8 people watch that race on TV while the rest of the world watches the Super Bowl.

NASCAR idiots' argument always goes to, "We get 100,000 people at a race in Talladega...the Super Bowl only gets 70,000." You know what? Let's do 16 NASCAR races a week at race tracks around the country and THEN see how many people you get in attendance.

Rant over. Carry on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 08:26 AM   #16
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

The season is both starting a week later and is the same time as it always is. 2008 was the earliest the season could start under the current system, with the 1rst of September being a Monday, while 2009 is the latest the season can start, with Sept. 1 falling on a Tuesday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »