Home

Are you kidding me

This is a discussion on Are you kidding me within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2009, 03:47 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Are you kidding me

I take him back at the vet minimum.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:49 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaduck
I see the T.O. deal and Pac-Man as two entirely different situations.

T.O., despite his value on the field, was prone to create problems within the team. Screwing up chemistry in the lockeroom.

Pac-man's issues are off the field and not inside the lockeroom. He hurts the team with bad P.R. (which I don't think Jones believes in) and games missed due to infractions.

Two different beasts.
No,it's the exact same thing. Tell me,how exactly is Jones not screwing with team chemistry. They're constantly having to answer questions about the guy. That's a locker room distraction if I ever saw one.

I mean damn,I understand people don't like Owens,but to say it's not the same thing is laughable.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:49 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Pacman was smoked on Pro's vs Joes, why would any NFL team want him after that performance?

I doubt he finds a team, his attitude and work ethic probably cost him years in the NFL.

He'll be flipping burgers in 5 months.
How bad did he look?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 03:54 PM   #12
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaduck
I see the T.O. deal and Pac-Man as two entirely different situations.

T.O., despite his value on the field, was prone to create problems within the team. Screwing up chemistry in the lockeroom.

Pac-man's issues are off the field and not inside the lockeroom. He hurts the team with bad P.R. (which I don't think Jones believes in) and games missed due to infractions.

Two different beasts.
See my thought is team chemistry is knowing you can rely on the guy to be there Sunday.

TO will be there on sunday. He may drop a few but he will be there to win.

Packman has a high chance of being in handcuffs after friday and saturdays parties. Then if he misses game due to infractions thats another blow to the team. If he made it on the field you have to wonder if he was hungover or anything. While hes on the field you have to wonder if he is thinking about spending his money at the strip club while drinking after the game. Dont even get me started about practice.

So while i KNOW im being way to hard on Pacman, you get the point. IMO packman is there for a paycheck, TO is there to win. I could be wrong and while i dont like TO, he does seem to want to win more than being paid.

And again dont flame me for being way to hard on Pacman. Its more a joke than anything.

Last edited by sb24; 06-08-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:57 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
How bad did he look?
He didn't look good at all.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
See my thought is team chemistry is knowing you can rely on the guy to be there Sunday.

TO will be there on sunday. He may drop a few but he will be there to win.

Packman has a high chance of being in handcuffs after friday and saturdays parties. If he made it on the field you have to wonder if he was hungover or anything. While hes on the field you have to wonder if he is thinking about spending his money at the strip club while drinking after the game. Dont even get me started about practice.

So while i KNOW im being way to hard on Pacman, you get the point. IMO packman is there for a paycheck, TO is there to win. I could be wrong and while i dont like TO, he does seem to want to win more than being paid.

And again dont flame me for being way to hard on Pacman. Its more a joke than anything.
That's how I feel about it. Seriously,the Cowboys hired people to look after Jones,and he still managed to screw it up.

What I don't understand is,how is Jones still in the league. I'm all for second chances,but he screwed that up after his last arrest. So much for Goodell dropping the hammer on these guys

Last edited by RedheadKingpin; 06-08-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadKingpin
He didn't look good at all.
Then he will be out of the league the old fashion way. I wasn't impressed with him last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadKingpin
Tell me,how exactly is Jones not screwing with team chemistry. They're constantly having to answer questions about the guy. That's a locker room distraction if I ever saw one...but to say it's not the same thing is laughable.
I didn't say it wasn't a distraction.

But Jones has historically not minded those. He's one of those guys who likes people talking about his team, even if it's not always positive. Pac-man is a distraction and you can't count on him to stay out of trouble and on the roster but he doesn't call out the D coach in the press and acuse him of making a game plan that was designed to keep him down.

Owen's managed to cross a line and force a choice. You can't have teamates calling each other out and accusing the QB of conspiring to get the ball to the TE. It was dumb of T.O. to even go down that road.

You don't see why they're two different kinds of problems, that's cool. But they are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »