Home

Players who "had bust written all over them"

This is a discussion on Players who "had bust written all over them" within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2009, 11:22 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Players who "had bust written all over them"

I wanna say Montana, because I believe he was a reach, but I don't remember which round he went in... Btw, Go Lakers!!! 99-86

I gotta think of some more...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 01:01 AM   #66
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust247
I think a lot of people had Aaron Rodgers failing with the Packers, but after his first season as the starting QB he didn't look too bad. Especially after dropping in the draft, no one expected him to be nothing more than another QB who sat behind in Brett Favre.
That's actually a pretty good one.

It reminded me of another that might fit...Drew Brees. After his first couple years, people were ready to label him a bust and a few had him finished. I think he turned out just fine.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #67
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSox05
I called Jamarcus(spelling?) Russel as being a bust, and I told everyone who talked to me about it that he would be. Everyone just made such a big deal about his arm strength and the great game he had against a awful and slow ND defense. Obviously he still has some time to prove me wrong, but it isnt looking too good if you ask me.
The Raiders are garbage. Russell will succeed if he applies himself, at least in terms of consistency. But he may never win with that team because, like I said, the Raiders are garbage.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:59 PM   #68
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
You've got it backwards.

The OP is looking for people who were SUPPOSED to be busts. Not people who were supposed to be good when they were in college.
Gotcha. My bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucksfan47
Clarrett ruined his chances at a pro career once he tried to go pro after his freshman year. He had to take a year off from football, didn't stay in shape, but I think he could have been solid had he stayed at OSU.
Yeah, it was never his skill that was questioned, but rather his decision making.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 06-15-2009, 09:02 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
That's actually a pretty good one.

It reminded me of another that might fit...Drew Brees. After his first couple years, people were ready to label him a bust and a few had him finished. I think he turned out just fine.
Wasn't brees picked in the 2nd or 3rd round though. thats really not bust territory. thats more of a developmental pick
Old 06-15-2009, 11:20 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 32

Already posted on here a few times in this thread, but Mario Williams for the Texans is no doubt showing them all wrong. So far, I think it is safe to say the Texans made the right choice in comparison as to what both Reggie Bush & Vince Young has done to this point.

Texans and Longhorns fans cried bloody murder when we did not draft VY - well, the book is still out on VY overall, but it is not looking to good for him up to this point -
Old 06-16-2009, 12:18 AM   #71
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukerock12
Wasn't brees picked in the 2nd or 3rd round though. thats really not bust territory. thats more of a developmental pick
lol... I dunno man. I would think a team is destined to failure if they use the 2nd and 3rd round solely as "developmental picks." I would agree that it's more of a "safety pick" type territory for QBs though.

I think you're right about Brees though...2nd round I believe. The thing is, he was brought in and given the reigns as the starter and early on, people had him labeled "bust". If you disagree on Brees, that's fine...no biggie. I think it can certainly apply to picks outside the first round if the expectations are there though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 12:22 AM   #72
Pro

Cj7298419's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSox9
Ryan Leaf
Curtis Enis
Alex Smith
Vince Young
Reggie Bush
Rex Grossman
Yea, Reggie Bush leading the league in touchdowns most of the year constitutes a bust status.

Sometimes I think some you guys just throw out names cause it's popular.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »