Home

Greg Ellis signs with Raiders

This is a discussion on Greg Ellis signs with Raiders within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2009, 10:07 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Greg Ellis signs with Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
LOL fell for greg. It seems raiders is the place where old players goes. LOL you raider players can thank the own and GM for that. LOL the raiders have been a old team for a many years now. LOL I thought by now the raiders would try to go younger.
LOL. What are you talking about? The majority of the players on the team are younger guys, with a few exceptions such as Asomugha and Neal.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:18 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
LOL fell for greg. It seems raiders is the place where old players goes. LOL you raider players can thank the own and GM for that. LOL the raiders have been a old team for a many years now. LOL I thought by now the raiders would try to go younger.

raiders are pretty young team right now. only a few vets over there 30's i think like neal,garcia, j.walker,burgess,
Old 06-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #11
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaFalconFan
raiders are pretty young team right now. only a few vets over there 30's i think like neal,garcia, j.walker,burgess,
Exactly..the "Grayders" of the early 2000s are long gone. They're actually one of the younger teams in the league now.

I'm fine with it, as the Raiders need quality defensive lineman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 02:14 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 35

Goodluck Greg, ill miss you man.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:24 AM   #13
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Oakland... the place where football careers go to die."

Well, RIP to Greg, loved all the heart you put out on the field for the Cowboys, but we won't hear from you anymore. The guy could have probably signed with a contendor for much less but it appears money was the motivation here.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:59 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Oakland... the place where football careers go to die."
Hmmmm that's funny I bet......Jim Plunkett, John Mutuzak, Lyle Alzado, Ted Hendricks, Rich Gannon, Tyrone Wheatley Lincoln Kennedy, Derrick Burgess, Todd Christiansen..... And I could go on. Would disagree with you!

And please save your D. Hall every team gets one or two wrong now and again. But nice try next time research a little more before you decide to start punching those little letters on your keyboard

Sorry the Raiders are due a lot of criticism, but I have to defend my boys when its unfounded!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #15
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Unfounded? Name anything they've done since completely being obliterated in the Super Bowl, what 7 years ago? I'm not talking about the teams great past, I'm talking about the state of the franchise today. The past is the past -- I know, I'm a Cowboys fan we know about the past vs modern-heartache -- and you can't live on tradition & past glory when said franchise is the laughing stock of the NFL today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 03:36 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Unfounded? Name anything they've done since completely being obliterated in the Super Bowl, what 7 years ago? I'm not talking about the teams great past, I'm talking about the state of the franchise today. The past is the past -- I know, I'm a Cowboys fan we know about the past vs modern-heartache -- and you can't live on tradition & past glory when said franchise is the laughing stock of the NFL today.
Ok now were talking about two different things. Are the Raiders a laughing stock and have been for about the last 6-7 years yes no-doubt. BUT it is far from a place "were careers go to die". My point was it is the opposite its actually a place where veterans who were considered washed-up, or high draft picks who were considered bust go and have a lot of good years with the Raiders.
Again to the point of them being a laughing stock ya no Raider fan in their right mind could argue anything against that. I was commenting on your point "were careers go to die", that could not be further from the truth!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »